PDA

View Full Version : CANCER POEM-SPAM

Waitabit
07-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Today I received an email from an unknown sce,(Ithink) forwarded on from the 'masses' & thought "how lovely, how nice to be included."

As an 'enquirer' of long standing, I of course Googled the Good Dr's name & "Voila" up came lots of SPAM warnings on the very email.

It supposedly was written by a teenage girl with a short time left on Earth, &put forward by a Dr in New york....."Professor Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University .." (hope it's ok to put that in)
The American Cancer Society offering to donate 3 cents per name (of people sending on the email) for her treatment & recovery.

How sad that these tragedies & they are out there, are used by some for "what??????" reasons. Are they just filling in spare time. Many people will feel duped by this, & if the teenager really wrote the poem (a good one) how hurt will she be to see what became of it. |soapbox|

This has quite put me off my day, hope I didn't depress anyone here.

v.wells
07-06-2008, 12:47 AM
This one has been going around the world for a few years. It is nothing but a hoax but some people will fall for it. But what goes around, comes around and there will be no light at the end of the tunnel for this duper!

MarkJ
07-06-2008, 1:16 AM
It certainly has been going for some time! As has the one which claims Bill Gates will give a share of his fortune to you if you pass an email on....
Annoying, but at least not harmful. I just delete the things and forget them.

Mark

busyglen
07-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I get quite a lot of these as well, but just delete them. They are a nuisance, and I hate these circular things clogging up my inmail.

Glenys

Waitabit
07-06-2008, 11:23 PM
You all are right ofcourse, I shoud have done just that, was taken by the poss. familiarity of addresses & read the whole lot.

:) Today I'm back to ..

cheers Wendy