PDA

View Full Version : James MCQUEEN and his 3 wives

ianmal
30-12-2004, 12:46 AM
James MCQUEEN is my 2 times great grandfather. Must have been and interesting character by all accounts. He was b1831 in Twynholm to parents Robert MCQUEEN and Mary ROB(I)SON. He had his first child illegitimately to his 2nd wife before he married his first wife :confused: .

Henry MCQUEEN b1851, Borgue to James and Ann HENRY (my two times great grandmother). At the time of the 1851 Census he was 1 month old in his uncle Samuel's house with his mother Ann. James, the father, was with his parents in Sourhill, Twynholm.

James married his 1st wife, Jessie RICHARSON in Twynholm on 3rd Sept, 1852. He had at least 4 children by this marriage.

He then married the mother of his first child, my 2 times grandmother in Ellenbank House, in Kirkcudbright town on 5 July 1861. Apart from illigitimate Henry, only one other child survived, my ancestor, William Henry McQUEEN. William married Helen Millar MOORE in Dumfries town in 1888. Ann HENRY died in childbirth in 1868.

James then married in 1869 Sarah PATERSON who was born about 1842 in Workington, England. There was at least another 7 children by this marriage.

If anyone recognizes any of the above please contact me,

Ian Stirling Malcolmson