PDA

View Full Version : How can I get?

rayrussell2000u
25-05-2008, 6:05 PM
Hello.

How can I get a birth certificate from Italy for Pietro Agazzi my great great great grandfather? I think he was born in the Lombardy area.

And How can I get a birth certificate from France for Pauline (Polina) Zazzi my great great great Grandmother? I think was born in Paris.

I have seen various expensive geneology websites offering services but I think that they are slightly dodgey.

ANy help would be great because it could give me so much information..

Thank you..

Jan1954
25-05-2008, 6:11 PM
Hello Ray,

I have moved this thread into Europe Genealogy from British Certificates as I think that it's more pertinent.

This website tells you about French genealogy and how to obtain certificates: http://genealogy.about.com/od/france/a/french_ancestry_2.htm

Good luck,

Ladkyis
31-05-2008, 12:22 PM
There is an article in the latest edition of Who Do You Think You Are? magazine about records in Italy. It would probably help a lot if you could purchase a copy of the mag and read it.

I have no commercial interest in the magazine, I just read and enjoy it.

rayrussell2000u
01-06-2008, 9:18 PM
Would anybody possibly have a copy of the who do you think you are? magazine with the italian ancestors article in it?

If someone could scan it in for me just the article it would be great as I'm on a very limited budget at the moment and so the magazine is a bit pricey for me.

Would appreciate your help.

PM me if you need my email.

Thanks

Jan1954
01-06-2008, 9:37 PM
Have you checked at the Plymouth Main Library? They may have a copy that you could read.

Failing that, you could check with the Records Office:

Plymouth and West Devon Record Office
Community Services Department
Unit 3
Clare Place
Plymouth PL4 0JW
Telephone : 01752 305940

Ladkyis
01-06-2008, 9:43 PM
Or you could go into a major newsagents and buy a copy of the magazine - it is in the current one.

No-one should scan it for you because that would be a breach of copyright.

Perhaps someone has a copy of the magazine they would send you.