PDA

View Full Version : joseph tuff-brickwall

joe tuff
19-05-2008, 9:45 PM
requesting help in researching family tree. i have been searching for info on joseph,brn abt.1731 supposedly symondsbury. he married elizabeth snook
1759 at symondsbury.in the ten years i have been researching my tree.joseph is my brick wall. i would be most thankful for any help in this search.
joe tuff

michaelpipe
15-07-2008, 1:41 PM
Hi Joe,

Tuff is not a Symondsbury name. I think you will find that the reference to Joseph being born in Symondsbury is a "LDS member contribution" on Familysearch. Its basis is purely due to the fact that your namesake was married there, and no mention of his parish was made in the register. You will need to look elsewhere other than Symondsbury.

However I am not able to suggest where|banghead|

Michael

ash33au
15-07-2008, 1:51 PM
The LDS record states he was born in 1730 in Symondsbury.

However as Michael says, rely on lds at your own peril

maryanne
04-05-2009, 2:34 PM
Hi Joe

A quick search of the Dorset OPC site shows a few people named Tuff in Whitchurch Canonicorum which is adjacent to Symondsbury, but no Joseph I am afraid.

There is also a record of the marriage in Symondsbury but no details on where either party came from.

Might be worth checking again at some point as the records are being transcribed all the time, and regularly updated (Brilliant site if you have ancestors in Dorset)

Kind regards