PDA

View Full Version : 4 New King Street Bath

kerrie
28-12-2004, 2:46 AM
My grandfather was born at ths address and I would love a picture of this place if it is still there. Any help would be more than greatly appreciated.

Geoffers
28-12-2004, 12:19 PM
I've tried searching online maps such as www.
streetmap.co.uk/"
and cannot locate King(s) Street/Road in Bath. Possibly the area may have been redeveloped?

Geoffers
Charlbury, Oxfordshire

kerrie
29-12-2004, 1:39 PM
Many thanks for your replys. I have a map which I got of the net and it clearly shows New King Street although it is an old map. I was wondering if the street names may have changed and the place still be standing. As I am not a resident of the UK it is very hard for me to check these things myself. I do apprecite you both taking the time to answer me.

Annie
29-12-2004, 2:14 PM
Definetly still there as New King St. Unfortunately my friend's niece has just left Bath for Oxford or I'd offer to get a photo for you.

Annie

kerrie
30-12-2004, 1:25 PM
Thanks Annie very much appreciated. I will have to see if I can get someone to do it for me.

k0065126
03-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Kerrie,

There is a church at the end of New King Street where it turns left up to Queens Square, (the crossroads with Monmouth Street). It is Holy Trinity church, looks as if it was there in Victorian Times. Unfortunately my visits to Bath do not allow time to take photographs.

Viv

kerrie
07-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Many Thanks again Viv.

Kerrie

fastflyer99
22-02-2005, 6:48 PM
Just out of interest, I have a map of Georgian Bath and I can confirm that 4 New King Street is listed. Fortunate, because the road and general area was quite badly bomb damaged during the war.

As I live close to Bath, I'll see if I can get a shot of it when I'm next there if you don't already have one.

Kind regards

Mark

kerrie
10-05-2005, 1:31 PM
That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

johnwetherill
07-04-2008, 5:54 PM
I'm in Bath and just found your post in 2005. I'll be in Bath taking some mphotos for another contact and will take one of No 4 in case you still want it.
Let me know if you still want it sent and where to.

AnnieB5051
09-04-2008, 7:12 AM
Kerrie,

There is a church at the end of New King Street where it turns left up to Queens Square, (the crossroads with Monmouth Street). It is Holy Trinity church, looks as if it was there in Victorian Times. Unfortunately my visits to Bath do not allow time to take photographs.

Viv

This church is actually at the corner of Monmouth Place/Monmouth Street/Charles Street/Chapel Row. Until 1952 it was called St Paul's, - the original Holy Trinity Church was hit by an incendiary during the 1942 air raids and the congregation moved to this church along with the name. The St Paul's congregation joined with St Michael's Church in Northgate Street.

There are two churches at the east end of New King Street - a Christadelphian Hall (opposite no.4) and a rebuilt Methodist chapel (now called the Percy Centre) which replaced the original chapel in which John Wesley preached for the first time in Bath.

Irrelevant to 4 New King Street I know, just thought you might be interested!

Anne

kerrie
14-07-2008, 1:33 PM
Many Thanks Anne for taking an interest.

michaelpipe
14-07-2008, 2:04 PM
A couple of photos which may be of interest

110 New King St, Bath
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm67/mcmpipe/110NewKingStBath.jpg

Christadelphian Hall, New King St
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm67/mcmpipe/NewKingStBath.jpg

New King St, Bath
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm67/mcmpipe/NewKingSt1.jpg

Cnr New King St & Little Stanhope St, Bath
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm67/mcmpipe/NewKingLtStanhopeBath.jpg

Michael

kiwipom
15-01-2009, 5:39 AM
That's weird, I'm just in the process of transcribing Marriages for St Swithins Walcot and
on 27 Aug 1837 I have Thomas PINKER of 4 New King Street marrying Ellen Landell.

Sorry not a picture but maybe of some interest.

SBSFamilyhistory
15-01-2009, 10:15 AM
just out of interest what has happened to the photos in Michael's reply??|banghead||jumphappy

michaelpipe
15-01-2009, 10:40 AM
just out of interest what has happened to the photos in Michael's reply??|banghead||jumphappy

I cleared out some photos from Photobucket - if you want them, hopefully I can find them again.

Michael

Tederator
15-01-2009, 11:02 AM
That's weird, I'm just in the process of transcribing Marriages for St Swithins Walcot and
on 27 Aug 1837 I have Thomas PINKER of 4 New King Street marrying Ellen Landell.

Sorry not a picture but maybe of some interest.

FWIW in Part two of the Bath Annual Directory for 1912 there is a Mrs Hayward living at 4 New King Street

Ted.

johnwetherill
17-01-2009, 4:47 PM
I took a few photos today of No 4 and it environs but it seems that I cannot "add attachments" - how can I add them to the thread please?

linear226
18-01-2010, 1:46 PM
Hi kerrie,

just in case your interested, I live at no 4 New King St. Ive taken some pics of the restoration of the ground floor flat if your interested.

cheers tony