PDA

View Full Version : lane

deb68
14-05-2008, 2:09 PM
Hi
I was wondering if you could help me trace my grandad Herbert henry lane he was born in Crowland i believe around 1916? not sure i do no his birthday was may 9th,and he died march 1989,mansfield???? he lived most of his lifw in Rutland,
He married or we think he married (MY AUNT SAYS THAT NAN HER MUM WOULD NOT SAY IF THEY WERE OR NOT MARRIED)her name was Gladys e goodridge (or LANE if they were married)she was born in tenby 1907 i have her birth cert comming,they had 2 children pearl my aunt and my mum lorna jean Evans nee lane my mum born in 1940 in tenby shw died last month 11 april 08
any help you could give me would be greartfully exceped,i have tried looking on the bmd site for him cant find him an ive looked if they were married cant find that either
am a total novice at all this
thank you
take care all
deb

Sue Mackay
14-05-2008, 2:20 PM
According to the 1984-2000 death index he died in Mansfield March quarter 1989, aged 77, and his date of birth is given as 9 May 1911

Angelaj
14-05-2008, 2:27 PM
Hi,
Is he the Herbert Lane b. March quarter 1911 East Retford (Nottingham) vol. 7b page 5?
Good luck
Angelaj

deb68
14-05-2008, 2:36 PM
Hi
I really dont no just no birth may 9th ,crowland,my aunt dealt with his funeral an thinks shes has thrown everything away including death cert etc, an i dont no how too look for him,if im making sense?I knew him just didnt no about his family except he has 2 other kids dereck and marlenr not my nanas he hd them when with my nan thier mum died so my nan brought them up
sorry if all this is confusing
deb