PDA

View Full Version : Johns and Davies

withdeanwombat
13-05-2008, 5:53 PM
Okay,not an original place to hit a Brickwall,but here goes.

Henry Johns b 1842 Wenvoe (Glam) m Elizabeth Davies b1843 Wenvoe.Neither appear in a Wenvoe census,but are traceable in Cardiff forms from 1871,when Elizabeths mum is living with them.No sign of her husband.An attempt to find Henry and Elizabeths marriage is equally frustrating: there is a Henry JOHN to Elizabeth Davies which is almost too good not to be true,but this is Family History! This indicates Thomas John and Isaac Davies as the happy fathers that day............but are they my ancestors?

Is anybody else researching such rare Welsh names as Johns and Davies in the Cardiff/Wenvoe(Barry) area.Can anybody shed some light for me?

And in a two for the price of one thread,can anybody help me with the death of Walter Isaac Johns,my gt grandfather.I am trying to find out about an industrial accident which killed him on the railways in 1904 also in S.Wales,possibly the Bridgend area.Was there a newspaper report?Where do I start??

Thanks!

Jan1954
13-05-2008, 6:00 PM
Do you have Walter's death certificate?

If not, this appears to be the reference:

Deaths Mar 1904
JOHNS Walter Isaac 31 Bridgend Vol 11a page 558

It may give clues about when the inquest was held (I expect there was one!) which should help you to narrow down any newspaper reports.

withdeanwombat
13-05-2008, 6:09 PM
Do you have Walter's death certificate?

If not, this appears to be the reference:

Deaths Mar 1904
JOHNS Walter Isaac 31 Bridgend Vol 11a page 558

It may give clues about when the inquest was held (I expect there was one!) which should help you to narrow down any newspaper reports.

7 minutes for the cavalry to arrive.

Amazing!

And thank you.

Jan1954
13-05-2008, 6:12 PM
You're welcome! http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/Jan_07/curtsey.gif

(I'll try to be quicker next time :D)