PDA

View Full Version : My Uncle

Browneyes
10-05-2008, 2:08 PM
Help! I'm all confused now and have been running around in circles. What I need to know is where is the best place to start (again!) to try and trace information about my Uncle who was in the RAF during WWII. I know very little about him except his name, birthdate, that he met his wife in Italy after the war (I believe he was still in the RAF after WWII) and that he went to Africa and possibly China or Japan. I can only research from home at the moment which restricts me a bit. Mission impossible?

Browneyes

Jan1954
10-05-2008, 2:30 PM
If you are trying to trace his RAF records, then you need to complete a Certificate of Kinship and send it to:
RAF Disclosures Section
Room 221b
Trenchard Hall
RAF Cranwell
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
NG34 8HB

Tel: 01400 261 201 ext 6711

Give them a ring and see if they can send you the Certificate of Kinship - or it might be available online to download.

Browneyes
10-05-2008, 2:43 PM
Thanks Jan. The only trouble is that I don't know where the next of kin is now as there was a private 'disagreement' in my Uncle's family which meant after his divorce my Aunt and cousins distanced themselves from any of his side of the family. I don't know what it was about but do know it was pretty serious in their eyes so out of respect I can't contact them.

Browneyes

Jan1954
10-05-2008, 2:53 PM
Ah.

I'll have a think, then...