PDA

View Full Version : saving information

SBSFamilyhistory
06-05-2008, 1:41 PM
A certain site, that shall remain nameless, but we all know which one I mean! will not let me save information to my computer? |banghead||banghead|

any ideas?

Sue

Neil Wilson
06-05-2008, 5:16 PM
Are you a paid up member? If not that is the reason, if so, start shouting at them (Caps Lock on). Sorry I can't be of any more help.

SBSFamilyhistory
06-05-2008, 9:04 PM
yes I am Neil and I was logged in so that was not the problem either.

I can save to shoebex.. but not to my computer..

Mike where are you???

Jan1954
06-05-2008, 9:14 PM
Hi Sue,

I've just tried it and it's allowing me - gives me 3 options, one of which is to save to my computer.

I know that this doesn't help you at all :o but at least you know that it's possible to do and is therefore not a glitch with the site.

As Neil says, shout at them {caps lock}

Afterthought:

Bring up the page that you want to save, then hit "file" and "save as..." This also works for me.

SBSFamilyhistory
06-05-2008, 9:30 PM
Jan, the option came up for me as well, but when I tried to do it it would not let me save to image. I also tried the file.. save as option

Sue

I will try again..

If I copy and save to a word document this does it but so long winded......

uksearch
06-05-2008, 11:00 PM
This is not my area, and I may be dreaming, did not someone recently post a similar problem? This may be foot in the mouth time, but wasn't something to to with problems with Norton 2008 and Ancestry? Just a (maybe totally useless) on the subject.

UK

SBSFamilyhistory
07-05-2008, 9:14 PM
I am using Norton 360.. did not have this problem before.

Jan1954
07-05-2008, 9:18 PM
This is not my area, and I may be dreaming, did not someone recently post a similar problem? This may be foot in the mouth time, but wasn't something to to with problems with Norton 2008 and Ancestry? Just a (maybe totally useless) on the subject.

UK

No, UK - you didn't dream it: http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28970

uksearch
07-05-2008, 10:53 PM
No, UK - you didn't dream it: http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28970

Thank God...I thought it was the meths;).

UK