PDA

View Full Version : birth date

lindylou270
05-05-2008, 2:06 PM
I have come to a brickwall a few months ago i recieved my late Aunty Doris jeffrey death certifcate but i am unable to find a date of birth, Doris died at the age of 3 on the 4th september 1935 after being badly burnt in a fire she died in Thame Nursing home and on the certifcate it says Daughter of Frederick james jeffrey my grandfather and the address given is church road tetsworth have asked my uncle if he has any info and he does not

hopeing for some hep and advice

lindylou270

Geoffers
05-05-2008, 2:12 PM
Some thoughts:

1. Have you tried searching the full GRO index for a birth, rather than freebmd?

2. Have you worked through all JEFFREY entries in case Doris was her second name - e.g. was she registered as Mabel Doris, or whatever?

3. Do you have a birth certifiacate for any of her siblings? If so, have you seached for Doris's birth under her mother's maiden name? (Were her parents married at the time of her birth?).

4. 3 in 1935 suggests a birth registered in 1932 - have you also tried early 1933?

5. Was she adopted?

6. Have you tried searching under JEFFERY and JEFFERIES/JEFFRIES?

Jan1954
05-05-2008, 2:12 PM
Hi lindylou270,

Do you know the maiden name of her mother - that is, your grandmother? If you do, this will help the forum detectives to track down a possible birth.

lindylou270
05-05-2008, 2:16 PM
my grandother maiden was claridge and yes they were married i have searched the records in the library