PDA

View Full Version : A family tree package that works?

Balliol
17-04-2008, 3:43 PM
I have just started to learn to build a family tree using a package that I am not going to mention. When the family tree is complete I want to place it either as one page or a series of pages in a digitally based slide show with a collection of family photographs.

So far I have got three generations on the family tree I am building with individual photographs and it looks good but when I move it onto my slide building program it is blurered.

Has anyone done this and if so what family tree software were you using?

v.wells
17-04-2008, 4:09 PM
Hi Balliol

Tribalpages. has the capacity to do what you want for a small fee abt $25. per year and you can make it as private/public as you want. I don't have the expertise to build my own website but there are lots of techies here that will help you out.

Your difficulties may be related to what system and programs you are using be it Vista/XP.

Sorry I am not more helpful.:o

Neil Wilson
17-04-2008, 5:58 PM
Most genealogy programs will work, it is the slide bit that I am not sure about. I take it you want to make a slide show of you tree, most programs will export to PDF, some to Word. What you will then have to do in insert these files into your slide show software (PowerPoint or Open Office which is free)