PDA

View Full Version : YES YES YES YES

brianb
05-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Had to tell someone ..... just smashed down a brick wall. Went back 120 years in one go after searching for my great grandfather (Evans in Wales of course) I found him and suddeny that branch of the family tree grew and grew, although it did grind to a halt when I reached the marriage with Mary "Jones", ah well.

Just thought I would let you all know because if I can do it so can all of you.

Cheers folks

Brian

:)

v.wells
05-04-2008, 2:25 AM
Good news for you Brian! Three cheers for knocking down at least one|banghead|

:D

Jan1954
05-04-2008, 6:50 AM
Well done, Brian!

I love |woohoo| moments!

melsibob
05-04-2008, 6:59 AM
Well done - I know how that feels!|cheers|

Sue Mackay
05-04-2008, 7:59 AM
So THAT was the loud scream I heard out here in Rhoose!

Ladkyis
05-04-2008, 9:26 AM
Well it woke me, and rattled the cutlery. Well done Brian.

busyglen
05-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Well done Brian, it's a lovely feeling when that happens. I don't envy you with your Jones though......but that's another story!! Evans is bad enough isn't it? ;)

Glenys

Davran
05-04-2008, 12:06 PM
It's moments like that which keep us all going, isn't it? Well done! Hope you've had a few|5cups| to celebrate!

Mutley
05-04-2008, 9:41 PM
Just thought I would let you all know because if I can do it so can all of you.

Well done Brian. Fantastic news and a great inspiration.

I hope you do not mind but I have moved this thread to the Success Stories Forum under General Family History.

It has such a 'WOW' factor that I am sure it will give others the encouragement we all need when we hit those |banghead|

Come on everybody, let us have a few more success stories.....:)

brianb
05-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks everyone for these responses, for a Cardiff lad to create a racket in Rhoose and rattle cutlery in Newport shows how frustrating these walls are, but how good it feels to knock them down ! It took 6 months to loosen the first brick, then the rest tumbled down in minutes.
As I said at the start, if I can do it SO CAN YOU !

Happy hunting folks.

Brian

ps yes there were a few involved "hic"

pss |banghead| this worked !

psss (yes another one) had some good stuff sent to me about another relative, I sent a nice email to a parish clerk and library and they both helped me, always worth asking nicely isnt it.