PDA

View Full Version : Nairnshire - McKenzie, Noble

RuhaMD
26-03-2008, 9:35 PM
Kia Ora, I am interested in the following ancestors who were born in the county of Nairnshire. I can't see a forum for Nairnshire - I think it could be part of Invernessshire -- maybe??

Anyhow here is what I have from their marriage certificate and birth certificate of their daughter Isabella (1858) is:

Roderick Noble, Born around 1830, Little Urchany, Parish of Cawdor, Nairnshire Scotland, Parents were Donald Noble (farmer) and Janet (McTavish). Roderick was a 'farm servant' at the time of his wedding. Roderick married, on 26 12. 1857 at Cawdor

Margaret McKenzie, born 24 May 1829 Blairmore,Cawdor, Nairnshire, Scotland. Parents were John McKenzie (agricultural labourer) who was deceased at the time of the wedding, and Isabella nee Cumming also deceased I think (the writing is difficult to read)

The witnesses at the wedding included a man called Donald Noble (maybe the father or a brother) and witnesses to Isabella's 'cross mark' include William McKenzie.

Their daughter Isabella was born Oct 10 1858 at Little Felderman, Parish of Nairnat that time he listed his occupation as 'ploughman'.

Rodrick and Margaret left Scotland and travelled to New Zealand in 1860 on the shiop the 'Gala'

I am interested in identifying any links back from Roderick and Margaret -- the deaths of margarets parents and if their were other siblings etc. It would be good if I could identify any other descendants who remained in Scotland.

I am particularly interested in the families medical history as some descendants do have what could be a family linked disease.

I doi hope someone can help me -- regards

Deni

Jan1954
26-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi Deni,

Unable to help with your query, but if you click on the GENUKI link below, it should help you to identify where Nairnshire is and provide other links for you:

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct/NAI/

Mary Young
26-03-2008, 10:26 PM
The phrase "Moray and Nairn" surfaces from my subconscious :)
Nairn is a very small county of only four parishes and was bundled together with Moray, vide this parish map of the Northeast http://www.scotlandsfamily.com/parish-map-aberdeen.htm.
I'm unsure of the administrative niceties.