PDA

View Full Version : Jude

worrals
03-03-2008, 3:12 PM
Hi,
Can anyone help? I am looking for the baptism of my 5x gt grandfather James Jude. He would have been born about 1760. He married Frances Page on 1 Apr 1785 at Foxton.Frances was buried 14 Oct 1829 at Newton but I can't find James.|help|
Does anyone have them on their tree?

Elley
03-03-2008, 3:43 PM
There was a James Jude Christened in 1763 in Harlton Parish Records. I am sorry I do not have any further information. Hopefully someone else can look at the original PR.

Regards,

Elley

worrals
03-03-2008, 3:54 PM
Hi Elley,
Thanks for that. Unfortunately,the James you mentioned died as an infant in 1763.
I have been searching for my James for a long time and when I discovered the James in Harlton I was really pleased then disappointed!

arthurk
03-03-2008, 7:18 PM
There are others researching Judes in that area - see the list of topics for this forum. I've contributed to one or two threads because my wife has a connection to a Jude family from Barrington (a possible place for you to look?), and another researcher sent her a fairly extensive tree for her particular line.

I've just checked this, but unfortunately can't see your James. Around the date you mention there isn't much information - for a couple of generations there just seems to be the direct line with scarcely any dates, and no information on siblings or their descendants.

So I can't help you, but others might be able to. Good luck!
Arthur

worrals
03-03-2008, 8:12 PM
Hi Arthur,
I have searched the records for Barrington but had no luck. As you say there are alot of Judes in that area of Cambridgeshire. I have also searched the records for Harlton,Harston,Foxton,Newton,Haslingfield,Orwell, Gt and Lt Eversden without luck|banghead|
I am new to this forum so will check all the other threads. Thanks.
Worrals.

NetteS
04-03-2008, 1:34 PM
Hi Worrals,

I did find something on another site but I,m afraid it wasnt much help as it was a mini tree on James his wife Frances and thier children.
No info on baptism for James or where he was born at all.

Regards
Nette

worrals
04-03-2008, 1:58 PM
Hi Nettes,
Can you give me details of the other site. Thanks.
Worrals.

suffolk sue
05-03-2008, 9:54 PM
Searching Jude marriages on Boyds index 1750 - 1760, the parishes with them in are Chatteris, Barrington, Melbourne.
Maybe you could try those.

worrals
05-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi,
I have searched Barrington with no luck but I will give Chatteris and Melbourne a
try. Thanks.
Worrals