PDA

View Full Version : 1861/71 Census for Van der Velden

Sandra Parker
12-12-2004, 5:13 AM
I am seeking census info on Gustave Vonderfelten (on London marriage cert. 1868) or his father Heidrich, or Henry. Both originated from Nassau.
The name is variously spelt von der Velten, von den Velden, van der Velden. I am trying to find whether either was in London in 1861, and the age and possible place of birth. I know Gustave was in London as a sugar baker in 1868 and lived in St George in the East.
I would be very grateful for any info if someone has the time to spare.
Many thanks,
Sandra.
Darwin

Trish
12-12-2004, 6:16 AM
I am seeking census info on Gustave Vonderfelten (on London marriage cert. 1868) or his father Heidrich, or Henry. Both originated from Nassau.
The name is variously spelt von der Velten, von den Velden, van der Velden. I am trying to find whether either was in London in 1861, and the age and possible place of birth. I know Gustave was in London as a sugar baker in 1868 and lived in St George in the East.
I would be very grateful for any info if someone has the time to spare.
Many thanks,
Sandra.
DarwinSandra, I tried looking in the 1871 census for all the surname combinations you list but no fortune. I also tried searching for just "Gustave" and "Heidrich" and even "Nassau" as a keyword on its own but no luck there either. :(

Trish

Sandra Parker
14-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Thanks anyway Trish, as some one told me it's like a needle in a haystack, so now I've got the needle, I'll try to find the haystack, then I can start looking!
Ah well, off on another track, it seems.
Once again I do appreciate your effort.
Sandra