PDA

View Full Version : NRY transcribing

samgibbons56
18-02-2008, 2:19 PM
Hi,
Just wondered if I can offer my services for NRY parishes? Tried to e-mail the coord but no luck, could be my spam filter.
I am currently working on Bromsgrove but after that??
Regards
Sam
France

Copper
18-02-2008, 2:39 PM
I have looked at the NRY page on FreeREG and it does not look as if much is going on there at the moment.

Have you tried to contact the country co-ordinator Dave Newbury? He should be able to help you.

I am a transcriber for Norfolk and we are very active or should that be obsessed :D

Dave
18-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Obsessed yes

I'll hook up with Sam , she is doing Bromsgrove for me

Dave

Project Manager,also coord WOR amongst others

Also we need to nail down NRY coord to see what gives

samgibbons56
18-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Me, I'm not obsessed either.......
A bit mad, volunteering to help some would say!
Actually, it's very therapeutic and if I can help then put me to work I say.
Hope the Nry turns up tho, although considering how many people out there are researching families in the county, seems no one wants to volunteer.
Come on guys, you know who you are.
Sam|help|

SCRITTI
20-03-2009, 9:20 PM
Hi Sam,
What is NRY????? I'm stumped!
I'd offer to help if I knew what it all meant seeing as I seem to be constantly going through parish registers anyway (Bromsgrove, All saints, Belbroughton and Catshill are the main ones)
let me know
Lesley|help|

MarkJ
20-03-2009, 9:45 PM
Hi Sam,
I'd offer to help if I knew what it all meant seeing as I seem to be constantly going through parish registers anyway (Bromsgrove, All saints, Belbroughton and Catshill are the main ones)
let me know
Lesley|help|

It is a Chapman code for the North Riding of Yorkshire :)

Have a look here -
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/Regions/Codes.html

Mark

samgibbons56
21-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi Sam,
let me know
Lesley|help|
Hi Lesley,
If you want to offer your services for Worcs contact Dave Newbury the co-ordinator. Go to Freereg, here is the link for Volunteers:
http://www.freereg.org.uk/volunteers/index.htm
I am doing Bromsgrove (could well be forever!) but I believe Catshill is still available (don't quote me though!) and I'm sure he'll be glad of an extra pair of hands. The software is also available to download from the site and Bob's your mother's brother as they say!
Regards
Sam