PDA

View Full Version : Harry Richard Ware 1882 Waterford Antrim

Auntie Boo
09-02-2008, 4:30 PM
I am doing a family in hampshire but came accross a son born in Ireland.
I have found what I think is his birth
20 August 1882 waterford Antrim, Ireland.
His parents are listed as Harry Ware and Kathleen Power.

Harry ware senior was then married in the Petersfield area of Hampshire 4th qtr 1886 to a Janet Trigg.

in 1891 Harry snr, Janet, Harry jnr and 2 more children are all in Greatham Petersfield which is how I found that Harry jnr was born in Ireland.

Any ideas on how to find out if Harry and Kathleen were married or what happened to her?

bumblebee
09-02-2008, 6:17 PM
You could try contacting your local family history centre as some carry the Ireland BMD index, or they may be able to order it in for you.

If you get the marriage certificate of Harry Senior and Janet Trigg it should say if he was a widower which will at least confirm he had been married to someone before and it should also give his father's name which will give you a comparison point if you can track down the marriage of Harry Ware and Kathleen Power.

You may also be able to look for a relevant death registration.

Bumblebee.

Auntie Boo
10-02-2008, 9:08 AM
Thanks the marriage certificate is ordered so we will see if he was indeed a widower or a batchelor.

I looked again on the IGi and found a marriage for a Catherine Power to a Henry Ware 9 May 1882 so the date fits, just says Ireland so it doesn't help pin down where to clarify if it is correct!