PDA

View Full Version : Hello,New to you ,from Spain

Elsa-Mary
01-02-2008, 2:23 PM
I have been lurking on this site now for a couple of days,unsure how to post,hope I got it right!

It looks a great site, and has friendly crowd on it,was recommended by an Oz lady,she knows who she is|hug|

I am in the Jaen Province of Spain,main industry Olives,and olive oil,millions of olive trees around,I beleive that this area supplies one third of world requirements.
In summer May onwards temps rise very quickly and most days 45+,lasting until end of September,far too hot for us !! as I hate hiding every day from 1pm till about 6.30pm,feels like a wasted life.
Winter,can be very cold,not helped by tiled floors,and poor insulation,when we get rain,we get rain!!
Hoping to move to Galicia in near future.

I have lived in Spain seven years,but not in same area,still looking for the ideal area for us, some where not too hot in summer,so that I can garden without frying|laugh1|

Looking forward to posting on the site,I am mainly interested in Co Down,(where I was born) and Co Tyrone where the Maternal side of family is from,

Adios
Elsa-Mary

Mutley
02-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Hello Elsa-Mary and welcome,

I am just across the road from you, well sort of...... similar climate:cool:

Also interests in Ireland, mine Tipperary.

We probably have much in common.

See you around;)

Elsa-Mary
02-02-2008, 6:07 PM
Hi Bo-peep,and Mutley,
Thanks for your warm welcome,I am enjoying perusing around the forums,and posting soon
Take Care
Elsa-Mary