PDA

View Full Version : Re: George ROBINSON 61/71 census

geoffgoddard
08-12-2004, 7:38 PM
Hi

Could sks help me find any information about a George William Earnest ROBINSON - born in abt 1858 in Birmingham. I have him on the 1891 census living at 5 Lansdowne St, Birmingham, married and again at the same address in 1901. He married Mary Hannah JAMES in 1887 and his father was a John ROBINSON. I have reach a brickwall with this chap, probably because of the name, so any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Geoff Goddard

Trish
08-12-2004, 8:21 PM
Hi

Could sks help me find any information about a George William Earnest ROBINSON - born in abt 1858 in Birmingham. I have him on the 1891 census living at 5 Lansdowne St, Birmingham, married and again at the same address in 1901. He married Mary Hannah JAMES in 1887 and his father was a John ROBINSON. I have reach a brickwall with this chap, probably because of the name, so any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Geoff GoddardGeoff,

I see only one 13-year-old George ROBINSON, born in Birmingham, living in Upton, Leicestershire, on the 1871 census

Name / Age / Birthplace / Relationship / Occupation
Samuel Grice 37 Upton, Leicestershire, England Head Ag Lab
Elizth Grice 41 Withen, Leicestershire, England Wife
Ellen Grice 15 Atherston, Leicestershire, England Daughter
Samuel Grice 3 Ratcliffe Culey, Leicestershire, England Son
George Robinson 13 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Nephew Plough Boy

Reference:
Source information: RG10/3239
Registration district: Market Bosworth
Sub-registration district: Market Bosworth
ED, institution, or vessel: 5
Folio: 71
Page: 18
Household schedule number: 95

Hope this helps you narrow things down a bit!

Trish

Trish
08-12-2004, 8:38 PM
Geoff,

I had to break up my reply to you because the message text was acting up [coding messed up]...

There is a 12-year-old George living at 2 House Court in St. Mary, Warwickshire [father's name doesn't match]:

Thomas Robinson 61 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Head Lock smith
Emma Robinson 53 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Wife
George Robinson 12 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Son Lock smith
Martha Robinson 11 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Scholar

And a 14 year old to follow....

Trish

Trish
08-12-2004, 8:40 PM
Geoff,

Last one:

And a 14-year-old -- just to cover all the bases -- liviing in Aston, Warwickshire [again, father's name doesn't match]:

George Robinson 49 Leominster, Leicestershire, England Head Railway Clerk
Sarah Robinson 51 Leominster, Leicestershire, England Wife
George Robinson 14 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Son Clerk at Carriage Works

Regards,

Trish

geoffgoddard
09-12-2004, 5:35 PM
Hi Trish
Thanks for your help - sadly I don't think any of them fit. I have his wedding certificate which says his father was a John Robinson who was a bolt maker.
I also have a posible link with the 1881 as a Labourer In Brickyard living as a lodger in Yardley. This one would make his birth date as 1857.
I'll keep a copy of all you've found in case I find that I'm on the wrong track.
Thanks again for your help.
Regards

Geoff

Trish
09-12-2004, 6:25 PM
Hi Trish
Thanks for your help - sadly I don't think any of them fit. I have his wedding certificate which says his father was a John Robinson who was a bolt maker.
I also have a posible link with the 1881 as a Labourer In Brickyard living as a lodger in Yardley. This one would make his birth date as 1857.
I'll keep a copy of all you've found in case I find that I'm on the wrong track.
Thanks again for your help.
Regards

GeoffGeoff,

I just had another look to rule out the possibility that George is listed under another one of his names. There is a William Robinson, 13 [if George was born in 1857 or 1858, he could be 13 or 14 or even still only 12 at the time of the census], living in Acton with his mother, Anna, and brother, Richard. All born in Birmingham. No father.

Sorry that George is proving to be hard to find.

Trish

geoffgoddard
10-12-2004, 8:42 PM
Trish

Thanks again for your efforts, Iv'e since found that Elizabeth Grice's maiden name may have been Robinson and could therefore be an aunt! I intend to investigate this further - here we go again.

Thanks again

Geoff

Trish
11-12-2004, 4:54 PM
Trish

Thanks again for your efforts, Iv'e since found that Elizabeth Grice's maiden name may have been Robinson and could therefore be an aunt! I intend to investigate this further - here we go again.

Thanks again

GeoffI wondered about that, Geoff. I have a similar scenario in my family tree: I've been able to trace an ancestor back to the 1871 census where he and his young siblings are living with an uncle with a different last name. So far I have unable to find out what has happened to the parents. Maybe the 1861 census -- when I do get my hands on it -- will tell me. The same might be true for you.

Trish