PDA

View Full Version : Beatrice Ellen Davies

dutchie
01-02-2008, 2:32 AM
Hello...I posted on the Lancashire thread originally as that is where my family all ended up prior to coming to Canada in 1919. But might have more success here. I recently sent for the birth registration for my dad....Harold...he was born August 31,1908 to Beatrice ... domestic servant of Usk in Coedygric House, Griffithstown. Father not listed ( it was actually my grandfather). Harold came to Canada with his dad and "adopted Mom" in 1919.

My question being ...what was Coedygric House...did she work there or just have him there? Any light that can be shed on Beatrice would be welcome as I have only just discovered her.....once the 1911 census is released, I hope to have some answers as to where Harold was residing then, if George Holland(his dad) and my granny Dorothy were married by then(supposedly) Family lore had my dad being adopted as an "older"child.... Dutchie

Mona
01-02-2008, 8:05 AM
It may be a workhouse hospital.
The Pontypool workhouse was on Coedygric Road at Griffithstown.
http://www.workhouses.org.uk/
On the left index - Workhouse locations, Welsh Poor Law unions, Monmouthshire, Pontypool

ChrisKelly
01-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Do you know Dorothy's maiden name? On the FreeBMD index there's a marriage in 1914 between George Holland and Dorothy Lawrence.

dutchie
01-02-2008, 1:45 PM
Dorothy's last name was Lloyd. I was thinking it was a workhouse or something to that effect...it would be interesting to find Beatrice's family and where they (she ) ended up...that is where the next census will hopefully shed some light. Dutchie.