PDA

View Full Version : Hello Folks!

Carlyon55
28-01-2008, 7:48 PM
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Adele and I'm tracing my family tree. I'm interested in the Carlyon family, most of the family I've traced so far come from St Keverne and Mawgan in Meneage. I'm also interesting in finding out about the Orchard and Bolitho family as Jane Bolitho married John Orchard and their daughter Avis Orchard married my Great Great Grandfather John Edward Carlyon. They left cornwall in the mid 1800's and settled in Burnley. I think I've managed to trace our family back to the 1500's, but I've drawn a blank with William Carlyon who was born in St Austell and married Elizabeth Amor in 1566, I can't find out anything about his father apart from the fact that he was called William too.

This site is really great btw. I look forward to chatting with you all at some point.

Adele Carlyon-Andrews. |wave|

Geoffers
28-01-2008, 8:06 PM
Hello and welcome to the British Genealogy forums.

You tacked your message onto another thread and I couldn't see an obvious connection between the two - I hope you don't mind, but I've now split it off into a new thread. The intention being to allow your message to stand out more and not to confuse things with the other thread (I'm a bear of little brain and am easily confused).

Best advice is to kick everyone out of the house, make your self a cuppa and sit down to have a good browse in peace and quiet.

If you have any questions, please do ask.

Carlyon55
28-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for correcting the gate crashing I did earlier. I'm such a twit sometimes! :o

Thanks also for the lovely welcome, it's nice to know that none of you bite!! |nutkick|

I'd better get a brew on and get some reading done eh? ;)