PDA

View Full Version : 1841 census Ealing look up please

07-12-2004, 2:09 PM
Please would someone help me find my gggg grandparents, if I can find George with father Thomas, I can be sure they are my family.
Looking for Bolter Boulter Boalter in 1841 Ealing and Brentford.
Possible address New spring gardens Ealing in 1851 of Thomas and Silvia.
I really need to find Them together to find out if they are indeed all the same family.
THOMAS b Berks
SILVIA b Somerset
MATTHEW b1833 (at times under Henry)
HENRY b1837 Brentford
THOMAS b
GEORGE b1827 Brentford
WILLIAM b1830 Brentford

regards Brenda

kathy.grant
08-12-2004, 7:49 AM
Hi Brenda,

HO 107/689-5 folio 45
Old Brentford, Spring Garden, Ealing
Tho BOLTER 35 labourer N
Silvina BOLTER 35 N
George BOLTER 14 can't read Y or N
William BOLTER 11 Y
Henry BOLTER 8 can't read Y or N

I hope this helps.

Regards....Kathy Grant (Brisbane, Australia)

09-12-2004, 9:06 AM
Hi Kathy Thanks so much for that.
It has helped me a great deal.
The Henry is sometimes down as Matthew Henry and sometimes Henry, not that I knew for sure that he was family, until your evidence.
So I am left with a plain Henry b1837 Brentford, so I now wonder if hes a cousin or something. You find something and it often leads to something else.
Ever need any help from Sussex, just ask.
many regards Brenda

kathy.grant
09-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Hi Brenda,

I'm glad I could help.

I could do with some help with Sussex if it's not too much trouble. If it is don't worry about it.

I am trying to find deaths in the Coolham, Horsham area. I'm looking for Sarah Edith GRANT. She was living at "One Oak" Coolham in 1941 when her brother died. She never marrried and her parents had been living with her. The last address I have for the parents (George Browning GRANT and Harriet nee PHELPS) was "Redcote" Coolham Billingshurst.

I would like to find their graves if possible but I have no idea of how many or where the cemeteries are for this area.

As I said if there is too much effort involved, please don't bother. I don't want to get you involved with something time consuming.

Thanking you.......Kathy

10-12-2004, 9:59 AM
Hi Kathy, not that it matters but it is a shame, I only went to Billingshurst area about 4 weeks ago.
I went around the churchyards taking pics of certain named graves.
Had lunch in a nice place in Billingshurst.
I would be quite happy to do this for you.
But it will entail a day out, or at the very least half a day, if I find them in Coolham itself. I am not sure without checking if Coolham has/had a church.
I have not as of checked that graveyard, and a branch of my husbands family lived there.
Kathy would you like to check that is all you want why I am there, I shall look for the 2 properties you named too.

Anyway I love traipsing round churches etc, local history and archaeology are my other hobbies, and winter can be a bit of a slow time.
Let me know if there is anything else first and I will work out when I may be able to go, maybe next week at some point.
regards Brenda

kathy.grant
10-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Hi Brenda,

As far as I know George, Harriet and Sarah were the only ones living in the area. Of George and Harriet's other children, one son was living in Australia, another son was living at Chertsey (my husband's grandparents) and another daughter, Ellen Harriet READ married and living at Charlton on the 1901 census. I haven't found out a lot on Ellen's line yet.

Any information on the properties would be great, but please I don't want you going to a lot of bother. You have your own things to do. There's no hurry with this.

I would love to get to England one day soon but even if we manage it, I suspect there wouldn't be enough time to see and do everything.

Thanking you.......Kathy