PDA

View Full Version : Herefordshire Look-up Exchange

Diane Grant-Salmon
06-12-2004, 2:00 PM
I would like to sing the praises of a certain gentleman, Mr. Gerald Cooke ...... who volunteers to do look-ups for people.

I wrote to him yesterday to request two Census look-ups, for the 1851 and 1891 and he replied a couple of hours later and gave me the details for my John EVANS family.

Before I had time to write back and thank him ....... another email arrived containing the actual 1851 and 1891 images in .pdf format. |woohoo|

I wrote to thank him, saying how overwhelmed I was at his kindness to a complete stranger, stated that I would like to sing his praises on here with his permission ...... his reply proving just what a kind, generous man he is:

My pleasure Diane.

The really good thing about being able to view the original document, is the additional information that you can't obtain elsewhere. On the 3rd image for example, with the presence of John's mother-in-law. This leads us to Matilda's maiden name, wouldn't be possible from an index.

If you think it might help others then give a mention on the forum. For my own benefit, your thanks are quite sufficient, but thank you.

Gerald

Now you all know about Gerald and he doesn't have to remain 'an unsung' hero! :)

I would also like to mention another hero who is a Member here ....... Procat (Doug Johnson). He has done numerous look-ups for me, including the 1871 Census for John EVANS, therefore enabling me to send details of my family to Gerald.

Three Cheers for two lovely people!!!!! |cheers|