PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with Timothy Daw??

Bronco
11-01-2008, 9:17 PM
Hello,

I am trying to identify the wife of Timothy Daw (abt 1808 to Q1 1892) - he was married to an Eliza. Both apparently were born, lived & died in Enford, Wiltshire. They had 10 children which I have some info on.

I'm trying to find her maiden name and (with luck) some further info on her parents. I also am looking for details of their marriage. These folks are my 3X grandparents.

Any info, guidance or suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks,
Gary

Geoffers
11-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I see that Timothy DAW is shown in the 1861 census (RG9/1307 f40 p8) as having several children.

They include Julia aged 13, Frank aged 10, Fanny aged 7.

If you can locate one of their birth certificates, that will record the mother's maiden name.

The General Register Office (GRO) index includes all three of the above children.

Are you familiar with the system of civil registration in England and Wales - where to find and how to use the GRO index? Do you know where to apply online for copies of certificates? If not sure, please ask

Bronco
12-01-2008, 3:34 PM
Geoffers,

Thanks for the info. I have ordered certificates from the GRO so I am familiar with the process. I have founf several of his children in the birth Index so I will be able to order one as you have suggested.

Thanks for your response and guidance,
Gary