PDA

View Full Version : beginner searching YEOMANS, HAYES

Hannahy
05-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Hello every body

Began searching my family history 10 years ago and have recently cleaned the dust of my file and am determined to finish what i started.(Hav'nt got much though)

Researching Yeomans, Hayes, and Kathleen Woinson has drawn a blank. I believe woinson has been spelt incorrectly on the birth certificate.

Me, im 30 living in Southend-on-Sea with a member of the McWilliams family and was raised in Stamford hill, Hackney by my mother who is a Potticary previously Hayes.

Hannah Yeomans

Wirral
05-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi Hannah
Welcome to the forum. |wave|
What luck having an unusual name like WOINSON! FreeBMD list the birth of a Kathleen E. Driscoll in 1920, mother's maiden name WOINSON. There's a George & a Georgina with the same parents. Any connection to you?

Hannahy
05-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Im sitting here completly freaked out.
Kathleen Emily Driscoll was my grandmother.
Thank you so much for this information.
George rings a bell, but without my papers i cant confirm.
how are you connected to these people.

Hannah Yeomans

Wirral
05-01-2008, 11:53 PM
When you are de-freeked, you might like to look at this site! www.freebmd.org.uk (http://www.freebmd.org.uk) If you search for "All types" you come up with 4 hits. Oddly enough, it doesn't come up with Kathleen's name although I found that through searching the freeBMD index via Ancestry. the FreeBMD list is usually more up-to-date. By the way, no connection at all to this family.

Hannahy
05-01-2008, 11:58 PM
By the way hello and Thank you

I was'nt expecting anybody to reply so quickly.
Just curious, did you look up the family name after seeing my intro, or are you a relation?
Thank you for the lead.Any information is very grateful!

Hannah

Wirral
06-01-2008, 12:36 AM
George DRISCOLL married Catherine B. WAINSON in Dec 1913 Shorditch 1c 242. In this entry it is clearly spelt with an A, but in the Driscoll children's births it is an O. I can't find anybody with an O in the censuses.
Time for bed!