PDA

View Full Version : Cannot seem to add pic to profile

v.wells
24-12-2007, 2:57 PM
I have uploaded to photobucket and followed instructions on how to do it from another thread but it won't work. I click the 4 box to copy the url and when I post it, it says invalid file. I also tried removing the www. out and it still didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Neil Wilson
24-12-2007, 4:33 PM
When you are going to insert a link to anything, you need to click on the icon below the smilie, delete the http in the bottom box and paste your link into it and click OK. The link will appear as so - link

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/neilfwilson/B-G/B-G.jpg

v.wells
24-12-2007, 5:38 PM
No sorry Neil. I don't use windows messenger. And nothing I bring up shows the screens above. I just wanted to add my pic to profile pic on my user cp. So not getting anything but invalid file.

Neil Wilson
24-12-2007, 5:50 PM
The instructions were for posting in the post screen. For your profile you have to ensure that the picture meets the size limits, see below. I reduced the size on my PC and upload it from there.

Did you use Photobucket to resize your image? Click on edit and select Avatar.

Size requirements
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

Mutley
24-12-2007, 6:01 PM
Vanessa,
I go to "Quick Links"
then choose "Edit Avatar" or "Edit Profile Picture"

then click the circle that says use "Custom Avatar"

My field has http://www.

but as Neil says the size must be correct

v.wells
24-12-2007, 6:04 PM
Did that. It doesn't like me today. Still invalid file. I left the url on user cp. Maybe someone can fix it. I don't have the power of knowledge base today. Thanks

Neil Wilson
24-12-2007, 6:35 PM
Vanessa, have you tried it from your PC?
Just a thought.

v.wells
24-12-2007, 6:51 PM
Did it from computer , photo is there but the thread to it disappeared. Does that mean anything and does it mean that I can never turn off my computer again for the rest of my life? I am half successful today. I don't see pic on forum page tho.

Neil Wilson
24-12-2007, 7:27 PM
Vanessa
You put the picture on your profile, from the UserCP select Edit Avatar and do exactly the same as you did for Your Profile picture. It should then show in the threads.

v.wells
24-12-2007, 7:35 PM
BINGO! BRAVO!! I DID IT! An amazing accomplishment for me! Thank you. I am sorry for being slow on the uptake!|hug||hug|

Neil Wilson
24-12-2007, 7:45 PM
BINGO! BRAVO!! I DID IT! An amazing accomplishment for me! Thank you. I am sorry for being slow on the uptake!|hug||hug|
No problem Vanessa, it's so long since I put mine on there, I was a bit slow working it out. Anyway, it's nice to see you.

MarkJ
24-12-2007, 9:11 PM
Hi Vanessa,

I am not much use with pictures but I have just taken a look in admin and I cannot see your picture in your User CP. I think we need MarkJ as he will know what to do.

Sorry, I was here when Vanessa posted the original message and tried to reply, but the server fell over by the looks of things. Then, once it was back up, it was time to create our Christmas Eve meal (Sarah is working all day tomorrow, so we had our meal this evening instead!). Anyway, looks like Neil and Vanessa managed to sort things out :)

Mark

Neil Wilson
24-12-2007, 9:30 PM
Sorry, I was here when Vanessa posted the original message and tried to reply, but the server fell over by the looks of things. Then, once it was back up, it was time to create our Christmas Eve meal (Sarah is working all day tomorrow, so we had our meal this evening instead!). Anyway, looks like Neil and Vanessa managed to sort things out :)

Mark
Hi Mark, always happy to help, I take it you will have leftover's for Christmas day :)

MarkJ
24-12-2007, 9:42 PM
Hi Mark, always happy to help, I take it you will have leftover's for Christmas day :)

Well, there is still turkey left of course! I expect there will be for a while yet! Tomorrow it will be a buffet once Sarah gets home - I believe we are off to Padstow to look at the lights around the harbour and then back home for buffet and Christmas films (plus perhaps the odd drink ;) )
So if you fancy the drive from Nottingham Neil, feel free to pop in!

Mark

v.wells
24-12-2007, 11:00 PM
|hug|Many cheers for the B-G crew.|hug|

I wish I could fly over for a drink but I just might be busy|5cups| after the day I've had.

MERRY CHRISTMAS MARK TO YOU AND YOURS!

MarkJ
25-12-2007, 12:33 AM
And likewise to you and yours Vanessa :) And indeed Merry Christmas to all of the British Genealogy forum crowd!
I hope every single one has a peaceful and joyous Christmas and a really happy New Year!

Mark