PDA

View Full Version : Goodall's of Brimpton

Pommie lass
20-12-2007, 12:50 AM
My great grandmotherx2 was a Sarah Goodall born abt 1818 in Brimpton Berkshire, I have been anable to trace any family members can anyone help please? as I live in Australia.

Patricia.

Trish
24-12-2007, 3:50 AM
My great grandmotherx2 was a Sarah Goodall born abt 1818 in Brimpton Berkshire, I have been anable to trace any family members can anyone help please? as I live in Australia.

Patricia.Patricia, was Goodall Sarah's birth name or married name? Are you looking for her parents and back or are you trying to trace other children born to Sarah and their descendants? ...or both?

Trish

Pommie lass
26-12-2007, 3:03 AM
Hi Trish,

Goodall was Sarah's birth name and I am trying to find out about her parents and any siblings she may have had. Also back further if possible.
Sarah married a George Ford, in Bradfied, Dec 1845,

Patricia.

Trish
26-12-2007, 1:38 PM
Hi Trish,

Goodall was Sarah's birth name and I am trying to find out about her parents and any siblings she may have had. Also back further if possible.
Sarah married a George Ford, in Bradfied, Dec 1845,

Patricia.Patricia, you've probably seen the 1841 census which shows a 20 year old [age rounded off] Sarah Goodall. living in Bucklebury, Berkshire and working for a clergyman named Thomas Williams. In the same household is a young man named George Ford.. [Ref: HO107/25 Folio 13 Page 21].

Do you have Sarah's marriage certificate? That should give you her father's name and occupation...

Trish

Victoria Sellwood Turner
14-04-2008, 4:25 PM

Patricia.

Hello Patricia,
I can help you quite a bit with your Sarah Goodall/Ford's life from 1845 onwards. She had 7 children. Which one are you descended from? Her husband was a postman in Theale until he died in 1893. After that Sarah must have gone to live with one of her children because she died at Herne Hill, Lambeth but was buried at Theale Holy Trinity in 1902.
George Ford was son of John and Harriet and he had 4 siblings. Sarah I don't know about because I don't have access to the Brimpton registers.
Let me know if you are still interested and I will send you a private message.
Yours
Victoria