PDA

View Full Version : morpeth electorals 1906

lil47
19-12-2007, 7:32 PM
hi
could any one help me my g granda is dead on my grandma wed cert i cant find anything on him or any more on my granall ive got is an address for her would an electoral tell me who was living in the house hold at the time i would be greatful for any help and advice thank you
lilian

Peter Goodey
19-12-2007, 7:49 PM
I'm afraid I'm having trouble understanding this question. So far as I can gather you have the marriage certificate of a pair of grandparents and you want to know what to do next.

Perhaps it would be best if you tell us exactly what the marriage certificate says and we'll advise you. If you want, it will be OK to use column numbers when describing the certificate - we know what's on them ;)

suedent
19-12-2007, 8:46 PM
The electoral roll will list all those qualified to vote at any given address.

Be aware though that there is sometimes a time lag involved. ie a person might appear in the 1906 roll but have died in 1905.

It can help narrow down the search for a death & I have used electoral rolls a few times to do this.

Have you tried looking for the bride and bridegroom in the 1901 census?

Peter Goodey
20-12-2007, 8:58 AM
The electoral roll will list all those qualified to vote at any given address

...and this may be a problem.

It was not until 1918 that all men over 21 and some women got the vote.

However I'm afraid I still want to see a full transcription or preferably a scan of the marriage certificate.