PDA

View Full Version : Pte 1061 John Jobbins Rorke's Drift.

MelanieinWales
10-12-2007, 3:39 PM
Looking for any info on my Great Great grandfather pte 1061 John Jobbins he was in Rorke's Drift.
I have Lots of info but need more on his home life like family photos etc.

peter nicholl
11-12-2007, 8:41 PM
Hi Melanie
Just in case you haven't "been there, done that": have you tried the South Wales Borderers Museum in Brecon? They have a variety of photos and "stuff" about Rorke's Drift. Also, have you tried local papers?
Peter

MelanieinWales
12-12-2007, 9:19 AM
Hi Melanie
Just in case you haven't "been there, done that": have you tried the South Wales Borderers Museum in Brecon? They have a variety of photos and "stuff" about Rorke's Drift. Also, have you tried local papers?
Peter

Thankyou for your reply i have done all of what you have posted, I already have lots and lots but i have a short fall of family photo's and family stories of johns life.
I have been doing my family tree for five years and i know that i have the most info on john than anyone else but due to having a every big family all john family photo's and items have been split up when he past away and finding them is so hard.

bracaragh
26-07-2008, 3:24 PM
If you have seen photo's of him previously and knew what he looked like it may be worth your while checking on ebay!!
I have seen lovely postcard type photo's of some of the soldiers from the South Wales Borderers.........goodness knows how they got there, but it's worth a check :)

kelly
06-10-2008, 5:30 PM
Hi john jobbins is my boyfriend waynes great great grandfather! We were only looking at photos of him 3days ago at my boyfriends grandfathers his names royston (rocky). Dont quote me on this but im sure rocky said he was buried in trevethin cemetry but i might be wrong ill have to ask. Whats ur name?

Procat
07-10-2008, 8:42 AM
Hi Kelly,

Melanie has not been active the forum since Feb so may not see your reply.

MelanieinWales
04-11-2008, 8:56 AM
Hi john jobbins is my boyfriend waynes great great grandfather! We were only looking at photos of him 3days ago at my boyfriends grandfathers his names royston (rocky). Dont quote me on this but im sure rocky said he was buried in trevethin cemetry but i might be wrong ill have to ask. Whats ur name?

Hi Kelly I live in pontypool has well, John is buried in Trevethin i have lots of info on him but very short of photo,s.
John's son name is Evan and one of Evan's daurghers is Jeanne Clark( nee Jobbins) which is my grandmother.
I have heard of a Wayne in the family but there are so many it hard to keep track of who is who.