PDA

View Full Version : AVERY UPDATE

Winwood
09-12-2007, 10:29 PM
After my first posting, I have since received further information and actual photocopies of documents to confirm my enquiry.

I have been sent a photocopy of the Baptism entry which shows 'John Abel Avery, son of William & Frances', unfortunately no maiden name shown, however, I also received a copy of the index card from the Phillimore's Parish Records, which gives a date of marriage of William Avery & Frances WOODBRIDGE, as 3 January 1791, Hillingdon, Middlesex. This could be the lead I have been looking for.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Winwood from Oz

busyglen
10-12-2007, 9:39 AM
Merry Christmas Winwood.....glad you have had a bit of a breakthrough....good luck!

Glenys

Mischka
22-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I am also looking for information on John Avery and Charlotte Davis they are my husbands great, great, great grandparents. I do know that they were tried in the Old Bailey and that John was sent to Australia for 7 years and that Charlotte was actually sentenced to death but obviously that didn't happen. They were sent to NSW and I think they had 12 children.
Charlotte lived until 1874 and died in Kempsey NSW and John died in 1880 and he also died in Kempsey NSW. If I find anything else I will pass onto you.

Melissa

Winwood
23-02-2008, 3:17 AM
Thank you for your post. I have a lot of information on John Abel Avery and his descendants within Australia, but I have very little prior to him being transported to Australia. I have many contacts regarding Avery families and if you are interested and would like to exchange information please contact me off line.

Yvonne from Oz