PDA

View Full Version : Adding sound to CD's

busyglen
06-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Having just come home from a holiday with some 600 + photos which I have put onto CD, I am of the opinion that looking at them is rather boring for other people, and would like to add some appropriate music. However.....how on earth do I do it? I have Adobe Photoshop 3 at the moment which doesn't have an option (if that is where the music is added) and I am a complete novice in this sort of thing, although learning all the time (thanks to my B-G friends).

If it is too difficult to explain, I'd be grateful of a point in the right direction.

Many thanks.

Glenys

tommy166
06-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi Glenys,

I've used Nero CD burning software to make slideshows and that has an option to add music as a soundtrack, though I've not actually tried it.

Tom

Mike_E
06-12-2007, 1:13 PM
You could use windows movie maker, and add the pictures in there, which also allows you to add music, screen wipes and transitions (fading in and out) and even sound effects if you like.

very easy to use, and I think it's part of XP? anyway, very easy to use and I did one for the Mother-in-law of the her Great Grandsons first year, she was over the moon, and I'm now Mr Wonderful. Have his second year almost completed.

These can be burnt to CD as SVCD which will work in most modern DVD players, or if you have a DVD re-writer, make a DVD, and even better, if you have a lightscribe DVD, you can flip the DVD/CD over and burna picture (in grey scale) to the other side in place of a sticky label or pen.

AnnB
06-12-2007, 1:26 PM
I think you can use Microsoft PowerPoint, if you have it in your Office package.

Best wishes
Ann

busyglen
06-12-2007, 2:09 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have Nero, Tommy which is what I used to burn my photos onto a CD......I didn't realise I could add music, so will have to go and have another look. Mind you, I haven't been that adventuresome before, so I could have easily missed it. Thanks.

Mike...that sounds great, but a bit too technical for me at the moment. I will have to remember that for the future.

Thanks for your suggestion Ann. I do have Power Point although I havent had occasion to use it.....I've just checked to see! How sad am I?

Glenys

Mike_E
06-12-2007, 3:55 PM
Mike...that sounds great, but a bit too technical for me at the moment. I will have to remember that for the future.

On the contrary, very easy.

Open MS Movie maker, and you get a screen where you just drag the photos in, bit like an old 8mm film frame look. Then you can add a transition from one to the next, and this is picked from a drop down menu.

To add music, you just add the track you want, and then burn to CD or DVD. I promise, it is very easy, and worth 15 mins just to have a play.

Will happily engage in a series of PM's and or E-Mails to help if you do choose to have a try. There, your very own personal support person just for you.

Neil Wilson
06-12-2007, 6:02 PM
Hi Glenys,

I've used Nero CD burning software to make slideshows and that has an option to add music as a soundtrack, though I've not actually tried it.

TomI have used it and it comes out OK. Watch which DVD you burn to, some will not work on cheap DVD players. I think they have DVD+R on them.

busyglen
06-12-2007, 6:04 PM
Well Mike....before I saw your last message, I had about 20 mins or so to spare before getting dinner ready and decided to have a try. After a bit of trial and error, I managed to drag some photos in and all seemed to go ok. Because I haven't any music tracks and will have to download something, I thought I would burn what I had to see what it looked like. The burn went ok, but when I tried to view it afterwards it came up with an error. I haven't the time now to try it again, but will have another go later tomorrow when I hope to have a bit more time. You know how it is....a woman's work is never done!! ;)

Thank you very much for your help thus far....I will PM you for more help if I get stuck.

Glenys :)