PDA

View Full Version : St. George in the East Stepney & Trevaskiss

George Highton
26-11-2007, 3:57 PM
Hi I'm new on this list and looking for the Marriage Records for the above church in Stepney 1800 1830 can I buy a c d on the internet
Regards George

suedent
26-11-2007, 5:40 PM
Try the Dockland Ancestors stall on the Parish Chest website. They have several CDs covering baptisms for that parish at various periods, I'm not sure about marriages though.

George Highton
27-11-2007, 8:53 AM
thanks Sue
I have the Baptisms and very productive to its the Marriages JOHN TREVASKISS to ESTHER ? 1800 to 1820 I have found my Gr.Gr Grandfather Miss-transcribed Bapt. there as TREVASISS and hoping to find the Marriage
Regards George
(I think John or his ancestors came from Cornwall )

Try the Dockland Ancestors stall on the Parish Chest website. They have several CDs covering baptisms for that parish at various periods, I'm not sure about marriages though.

suedent
27-11-2007, 11:12 AM
With a name like Trevaskiss it's more than likely. Researching in Cornwall is much easier than London. There is a lot more available on the IGI and there are many CDs available as well as online transcriptions. Added to that, people tended to stay in one place a little longer.

My own tree is very much based in Cornwall and it has been a breeze compared to tracing my mother-in-law's London family.

George Highton
28-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi Sue thanks for your imput I've Tried delving into Cornwall the trouble is so many diferent Parishes and so many diferent spellings of Trevaskiss so I thought if I could find the marriage it might give me a clue and at least his children were Born and Bapt. in Stepney I though that would be better than the whole of Cornwall according to later census he was born c. 1780 1795 and I can't find anyone born in Cornwall for that period ( Hopfully I've got a chap going to LMA if he finds anything it might lead me to Cornwall
Cheers for now
George

Elley
29-11-2007, 7:16 AM
Hi George,

To save your contact a wasted journey make sure that he knows the LMA is closed for refurbishment until Monday 21 January.

Regards,

Elley

George Highton
30-11-2007, 8:02 AM
Thanks elley I think he knows
Cheers George