PDA

View Full Version : Josie Juliet Cole

shell
25-11-2007, 8:19 PM
I have never been able to find a birth registration for Josie Juliet Cole. From the 1891 census she was born in 1880 in Hawkhurst Kent, and her birthday was 20th June. Her parents were Joseph Cole and Juliet Cole nee Rose. She was baptised in the church of England in Wanstead when she was 14. Her parents were married by special licence in 1861 in St George in the East London, Christchurch District. Joseph was born in London and baptised in St Pancras old church. Juliet was born in France. They had family friends, with whom they shared a house in two different districts, who were definitely catholics.

Many years ago my grandfather said that he had his mother's birth certificate and that she was born within the sound of Bowe Bells but when he looked he had lost it. No one in the family knew anything about Hawkhurst. I am wondering if he actually had a baptism certificate and that she might have been baptised originally into the Catholic Church. How would I go about finding this out?

Thanks
Shell

v.wells
25-11-2007, 9:22 PM
The closest I could find in Kent

Julia Cole, Greenwich 1Q 1882 vol 1d p 984
also try http://www.kfhs.org.uk/ . They may have the parish records for Hawkshurst.

After rereading the above, I guess I have the wrong one as b dates are different.
Sorry, I tried

Mutley
26-11-2007, 12:03 AM
No matter how I try to search nothing appears for Josie except this marriage which I suspect you have.

Josie Juliet Cole
1906 3rd qrt Bromsgrove 6c/693
to John Andrews or Alfred George Wedgbury

But it is quite a way from Kent or London

There are a few Cole names (Nothing like Josie) in the East London area of Bow Bells but that would not include Kent.

I tried Josie, Julie, Juliet, Josephine but nada!

Sorry

MarkJ
26-11-2007, 12:15 AM
I tried the same as Mutley, plus Juliette (the French way of spelling it) - zilch :(
I couldn't even find the 1881 entry though!

Mark