PDA

View Full Version : Vickers / Keen / Lake in the Fritwell area

The Tank
19-11-2007, 7:59 PM
I'm tracing the names of Farm Labourers Vickers, Keen and Lake in the Fritwell. Stoke Lyne and Souldern area of the Oxfordshire/Northamptonshire border and would welcome contact with anyone who's searching overlaps.

So far I have gone back as far as Daniel (1807-82) and Temperance (wicked name 1809-79) Keen in Fewcott. Their son Edward or Henry (1841-1915) married Martha (1841-1914) and introduced the Lake family of Souldern whose daughter Ettie married the son of John (1816-78) and Caroline (1830-1900) Vickers.

I suspect the next step is to start looking at the parish records for Fritwell, any local information on accessing these records is greatly appreciated.

Cheers:cool:

janbooth
20-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Oxfordshire Family History Society have produced transcriptions of most of the Oxfordshire parishes on CD. Fritwell, Souldern & Stoke Lyne are all on the same disc, i.e. Bicester 02. HTH

Janet

The Tank
20-11-2007, 7:51 PM
Cheers Janet

The order screen was very easy to find and well labelled as to which areas are on which CD.

Tank|hug|

The Tank
05-12-2007, 9:06 PM
The CD's arrived and - hey - the contents great.

You can browse hundreds of years of entries without leaving your chair, it's just a pity that other societies aren't this advanced yet, it's a trip but at list I can travel to Oxfordshire - you have to feel for the frustration of those in far flung countries trying to trace this stuff.

Thanks for the heads up Janet|hug|

janbooth
06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Glad to be of help in pointing you in the right direction. Good luck with the rest of your research.

Janet