PDA

View Full Version : Chapman family of Hastings.

Jimsgirl
19-11-2007, 10:33 AM
I am Mary and new to this site. Is anyone researching the Chapman family from Hastings, Sussex? They were my direct ancestors and mainly dairymen. Also linked to them is the Foord family from Ashburnham, near Battle.

Etude
22-11-2007, 1:36 AM
Hi Mary,
Welcome to the forum, this is an excellent site.

Iris....South Australia.|jumphappy

Jimsgirl
23-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi Iris,
Do you have any connections to Hastings? I have a friend living in South Australia. She was a neighbour and emigrated. She now lives in Strathalbyn, which I think is near Adelaide.
Mary....England

Etude
24-11-2007, 1:35 AM
Hi Mary,
Sorry I do not have any connections with Hastings, but visited a few times before emigrating to Adelaide 45 years ago.
Strathalbyn is about a 90 minute drive in a beautiful part of Adelaide. It is quite close to a town called Lobethal, the town is small, and most residents put up Christmas decorations in their gardens, and it has become a big tourist attraction.
Christmas does not seem the same without the cold weather, but will be visiting England for Christmas this year. Hope you have success with your family research.
Iris.

Lynn D
12-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi Mary, I would be most greatful if you would share your FOORD information with me. I think we might have a connection if what you send me is what i'm thinking it will be.

Thankyou in Advance

Lynn.

Jimsgirl
13-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi Lynn,
My direct ancesttor to the Foord Family was Ruth, born 1816, who married Charles Chapman in 1834. Are these in your tree? Ruth had sisters Phoebe and Barbara who both married into the Chapman family.

Let me know if this is a link.

Regards,

Mary.

Lynn D
13-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi, in my info that i have aquired, there is a picture of a Chapman that i tried to send, but it's too large to send. Its a picture of a milkman.
My notes consist of Charles Chapman married Ruth Foord. Her Sisters Barbara and Phoebe also married Chapman's.

I don't have any more at the moment as i have only just started with the Foord side of the Family.

Lynn.

Peter Driver
13-12-2007, 1:48 PM
Hi, The Earliest "Chapman" in my tree is a Charles Chapman born abt 1840 in Alkham Kent, He married Sarah Keeler ( one of my main branches) born 1838 also of Alkham , They had 3 sons and 4 daughters. The Eldest son Jessie born 1865 Alkham Kent married Harriett Bass 1867-1895. The had 5 sons and 8 daughters. The Eldest Charles born 1887 East Ashford Kent married Annie Fingleton 1887, and had at least one daughter born 1914 but died in infancy aged 2 years.

Regards Peter Driver

Lynn D
13-12-2007, 6:51 PM
Hi, I have re posted on the Kent board.

Lynn.

Jimsgirl
22-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Hello Lynn,
This is certainly my family as Charles Chapman and Ruth Foord were my great-great-grandparents. I have lots of data on them and am happy to share it with you. I also have lots of old photos.
Can you give me a direct contact address so that I can give you any info you would like?
Regards,
Mary.