PDA

View Full Version : JOHNSON/TRUSSELL FAMILY

Pated
17-11-2007, 3:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I am searching for information on the following children born to Samuel Johnson and Edith Trussell...
Samuel Kenneth b. 26 Nov 1911. Frances May b. 2 Feb 1913. Edith b. 29 Apr 1914. Gladys Hilda b. 24 Feb 1917. Ronald b. 22 Sep 1921. The family lived Lock Hill, Killamarsh. They were all baptised in Killamarsh Parish Church, Derbyshire.
Samuel Johnson died in 1924. Another of their children Beatrice b. 1920 was fostered by the Oldale family in Sheffield. It is not known if it was at the time of her fathers death or earlier. Were any of the other children fostered, or did they stay with their mother? Are there any descendants out there???|banghead|
Any information on any of these people would be most appreciated.
Regards,
Pat.

Nigel
23-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Hello,
Lock Hill is Lock Hill House, which is still there, it was built for the lockkeeper and his family, it is by the Chesterfield canal at Killamarsh, Derbyshire.
Killamarsh parish church is St. Giles which is also by the canal. Lock hill to St. Giles is about 1/4 apart. Oldale's of Killamarsh are related to Coggins and Walkers also of Killamarsh they owned land and property and adopted children

Pated
24-12-2007, 6:47 AM
Hello Nigel,
Thanks for answering my query. I don't know if the Oldale family that adopted Beatrice Johnson came from Killamarsh. All I know is that while Beatrice was growing up, they all lived in Sheffield.
Do you know anything else about the Oldale family? These people were John Oldale and his wife Ann. John was a plumber. They lived in Windy House Lane Sheffield.
Regards,
Pat.