PDA

View Full Version : Distance between places in Sussex

Jan Longley
01-12-2004, 12:06 AM
My families grass roots come from Withyham, East Grinstead, Lindfield. Crowbrough, Wadhurst, Tunbridge Wells and Southborough Kent. By looking at map they all apprear to be close together. Would they all be in a ten kilometer radius of each other.

Thanks Jan

AnnB
01-12-2004, 7:54 AM
Why not download the most recent edition of Parish Locator? This is a free programme (which I have no connection with) which enables the user to do as the title suggests - locate parishes (in the British Isles). You can find adjoining parishes to a specified parish, find those within a specified radius of a parish, find the distance between 2 parishes, the Ordnance Survey ref. and much more. You can find Parish Locator on www.parloc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ParLoc.htm

Best wishes
Ann

Geoffers
01-12-2004, 8:14 AM
My families grass roots come from Withyham, East Grinstead, Lindfield. Crowbrough, Wadhurst, Tunbridge Wells and Southborough Kent. By looking at map they all apprear to be close together. Would they all be in a ten kilometer radius of each other.
Thanks Jan
Taking Crowborough as the centre, Lindfield is about 15 kilometres, Wadhurst is about 10 kilometres, East Grinstead and Southborough probably about 12 kilometres.

Geoffers
Charlbury, Oxfordshire