PDA

View Full Version : Murrays of Edinburgh, Midlothian

Nesslee
10-11-2007, 2:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for information on the parents, grandparents and so on, of one Jamesina Murray b. 2 Feb 1883 in Edinburgh. She married and Englishman named Ernest E. Deacon b. 16 Mar 1879 in Leicester. They both travelled to the United States, and settled in Gloucester, Essex, Massachusetts.

I know Jamesina's parents names are David & Janet "Jessie" (Dickson) Murray. I don't have much more info than that, if anyone can help, I would be most grateful.

Nesslee

Wirral
10-11-2007, 2:40 PM
|wave|Hi Nesslee
Do you have any census data on the family? I can find Jamesina in 1891 with her family & possibly in 1901 as a servant.

giveover
10-11-2007, 8:24 PM
Hi Nesslee,

I think these are your Murrays

28th June 1872 in Stobhill, Parish of Newbattle.
Church of Scotland

David Murray 21 Miner , Westcalder Janet Dickson 21 factory hand, Stobhill

parents David Murray, Miner and Elspeth Murray , maiden name Peacock

George Dickson, Miner and Margaret Dickson, maiden name Ross

Witnesses John Hackhart
Jane Smith

Hope this helps.

Nesslee
11-11-2007, 12:47 PM
To giveover,

Hi, Thankyou for that information, I can also figure out when they (Jamesina's parents) were born. That info helps alot, thankyou.

To Wirral

Hi, I don't have much census data, except maybe what giveover sent me. You said you can find Jamesina in the 1891 census, can you give me that info? Thankyou...

I do have a picture of her. I only wish I got to meet her. She died in 1920, at the age of 36.
Thankyou again to both of you for that info.
Nesslee

giveover
11-11-2007, 6:45 PM
Hi Nesslee,

There is a birth in the District of Stobhill, County of Edinburgh for 1884

Jamesina Smith Simpson Murray February 2nd at noon
Stobsmills
Parish of Temple

Registered on 14th February by her father David Murray ( mother Janet m/s Dickson)

Best wishes
Anne

Nesslee
12-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi Giveover,

Just out of curiosity, can the dates on those birth records be inaccurate? I'm asking cause I have Jamesina's death certificate, and it states that she was born Feb 2, 1883.
Or can the date on the b.c. be wrong? I was just curious. I have her death cerif. cause she died in Gloucester, Massachusetts.
Thankyou,
Nesslee