PDA

View Full Version : Annie Manning and Samuel Walker

Andy Lockery
05-10-2004, 9:41 PM
Hi from Canada,
The above couple were my great grandparents and were married in 1889 in Frodsham when Annie was 35 and Samuel 50 years of age. Both were married previously to spouses who had died. I found a record of Annie marrying a Joseph Roberts in Warrington but have stalled there. and cant find any records relating to Samuel. Does anyone have any advice of where i could look to trace back the family tree.
Many thanks
Andy
[email protected]

Wirral
01-01-2006, 4:28 PM
I know it is quite a while since your original posting. Do you have a copy of Annie & Samuel's marriage certificate? That would give the names of their fathers & their fathers' occupations. That would make it easier to trace the families. Do you have any of them in the censuses?

Andy Lockery
03-01-2006, 2:32 AM
Hi,
Thankyou for responding to my request for information on my great grandparents. You are right , it is a long time since I posted the request, but my enquiries have stalled and your suggestion is a sensible one. I do have the original marriage certificate and both fathers are listed. Samuel Wakers father was John Walker [deceased] a Quarryman from Weston and Annies father was John Manning , a gardener also from Weston. I haven't managed to find out anything about either of the families from this information but did see a reference to a marriage between Annie and her first husband in the Warrington records,but never got a reply to my request for a copy of that certificate.
Thanks again for taking the trouble to suggest an avenue of enquiry, It is difficult when one is so far away from the records.
All the best
Andy