PDA

View Full Version : SUGDEN Research

Warren Sugden
07-10-2005, 5:14 AM
My name is Warren Sugden - from Australia- and I have now begun to research my ancestry in UK, and started by registering with BG, how they they don't seem to offer any opportunity to view Births, Deaths and marriages where I thought I could start.

I came across this section and hoped I might get pointed in a direction.

My father, Reginald George Sugden was born in Durham 11/9/1906 to William Henry Sugden and Hannah Sugden (previously Walsh, nee Dee). Dad died in Australia 26/8/2969. Dad had a younger sister Winifred, born March 1909, Durham, died CapeTown, South Africa, 2/10/1972 buried Catholic church Skipton Yorkshire with mother, father and older half sister.

Older half sister Martha Alice Scott born to Hannah Walsh September 1896 at Burnley near Skipton. My grandmother, Hannah presumably remarried my grandfather William Henry Sugden.

I would appreciate any guidance as to how I could further my research into my family history through BG.

I don't understand what I am doing or how to use this web page or even how to send this message. There is nothing on this web page to give any guidance.

Regards
Warren Sugden

Lottie
08-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Warren

I have had very quick check of the 1901 census - there is a possible William Henry SUGDEN born 1877 Yorshire living in Leeds Yorkshire - brother Herbert born 1883 Father Thomas R born wife Sarah E all Born Yorkshire.

Do you know the dates of Birth and Death for William Henry and Hannah?

Suggest you try this web site for Transcriptions of the GRO ( Birth Deaths and Marriages ) not complete, but does cover to 1904 at least.
http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

My other suggestion was that you post for the Forums on this site, covering Yorkshire and Durham. This one to whicj you have posted really is peopele researching Worcestershire.

All the Best

Lottie
New Zealand

robgn883
23-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Hi Warren. I'm guessing your research has moved on a lot since 2005.

I believe that I am your third cousin once removed and that Elizabeth Betts 1802-1883 & Enoch Rudder 1801-1888 are our common ancestors.

I'm in Brisbane. Email address robgn883ATgmailDOTcom

Have you had your DNA tested ?

Talk soon,
Robyn

geneius
24-09-2017, 12:30 AM
Warren hasn't been on the forum for a while, you could try e mailing him ( assuning he has the same e mail address) click on his name the drop down box shows private message, use this.