PDA

View Full Version : SAMUEL TAGGART - GOLSPIE

hils
05-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Hello, I am a newbie researching my Great x 2 Grandfather, SAMUEL TAGGART. I know that he was a carpenter for the Dunrobin Estate and lived in ALMA COTTAGE in GOLSPIE. I am looking for any new information, documents that mention him or pictures of Alma Cottage. He married Elspeth Cray and had 8 children. Only 2 survived. One is buried in Edinburgh. I would like to know which church yard the others are buried - they died as children / babies.

best wishes to all

hils

Carrie Meerten
05-11-2007, 1:41 AM
can u supply some more details on Samuel like birth date/yr, where he was born etc etc. That way maybe some census details can be found and hopefully narrow down where some of the kids were buried, born etc etc.

If posting for census details though, you are better off posting each one separately. For staters though when were these guys married and where?

Trish
05-11-2007, 2:02 AM
Hello, I am a newbie researching my Great x 2 Grandfather, SAMUEL TAGGART. I know that he was a carpenter for the Dunrobin Estate and lived in ALMA COTTAGE in GOLSPIE. I am looking for any new information, documents that mention him or pictures of Alma Cottage. He married Elspeth Cray and had 8 children. Only 2 survived. One is buried in Edinburgh. I would like to know which church yard the others are buried - they died as children / babies.

best wishes to all

hilsHi Hils,

What timeframe? There are 2 Taggarts buried in the Golspie parish burial grounds, one of them is named Samuel. There may be more Taggarts buried elsewhere in the area.

There's a terrific website which you should take a look at: http://www.countysutherland.co.uk/. Many of the gravestones in Sutherland burial grounds have been transcribed by site owner Christine Stokes with the help of a number of volunteers and can be viewed on her site for a small one-time fee [which helps offset the cost].

Christine's County-Sutherland mailing list is also a great source of information on all things Sutherland: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/county-sutherland/

Good luck!
Trish