PDA

View Full Version : Jane SAWLE St Just in Roseland

tedwht
29-11-2004, 4:48 PM
Hello,

I am interested in finding out more about the family of my g g grandmother, Jane SAWLE (possibly SAWEL). She was baptised in the Parish of St Just in Roseland, Cornwall in May 1804 and married Thomas GREET in the same parish on 8 March 1831. They moved to Sussex in the Coast Guard Service and raised a family there. I have seen several gravestones of SAWLE family members in the churchyard of St Just and I would like to link Jane with other members of her family. Any information would be grateful accepted. I have a lot of detail about Jane after her move to Sussex which I would be pleased to share.

Thanking you,

Best wishes, Ted White

Sharon
30-11-2004, 9:04 PM
Where did you get the information re the baptism of Jane in St Just in Roseland, I could not find her there.

tedwht
02-12-2004, 6:28 PM
Hello Sharon,

I was given the date by a fellow GREET researcher who attached the source for Janes's baptism as "the St Just in Roseland PR". If this is not correct I would be pleased to know and hope that you can find a possible alternative date. I hope that her marriage to Thomas GREET in the same church was on 8 March 1831. Can you confirm that please? Perhaps the spelling of SAWLE had been SAWEL in some records.

Thanks for any help,

Ted White

Sharon
03-12-2004, 8:19 AM
Yes I found the marriage in St Just in Roseland, and I have a transcript of the St Just in Roseland Baptisms but can not see any spelling of SAWLE around that time. I also asked a friend to check to CFHS database when she was down there, marriage yes baptism no.

This does not mean however that it did not take place there, who where her parents?

Garnett
11-11-2005, 3:38 PM
Hello Ted
You maybe interested My GG Grandfather was John Sawle (brn 1806-1862) and he was a sister to Jane Sawle They had a sister called Nancy Hope this helps you,

All the best Garnett Sawle