PDA

View Full Version : This might be of Help

norfolkdude
03-11-2007, 4:02 PM
I read somewhere that turning off Client for Microsft Network is one way to cut Hacking and stuff ..so I turned mine off ,,computer still works fine no internet problems etc so give it a try every little helps to protect your PC ..
to do it go to Control Panel open Network Conections .. Right click and go to Properties ..it should open a box and there if client for microsoft is ticked un tick it ..ok it .. job done ..
Peter

get2BJ
03-11-2007, 11:03 PM
This is sound advice as it has no real use unless you are networked to other Microsoft operating systems or printers. It has nothing to do with the internet, and its removal will free up RAM to run your programs more smoothly. Disabling this file sharing installation will enhance the security of your computer no end and is completely reversible should you find you need it at a later date.

Go for it!

Brenda

Mutley
03-11-2007, 11:20 PM
This old dawg is quite happy to learn new tricks;)
Thanks

ChristineR
04-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Thanks for that, I found that I needed to uncheck it - and also disabled another internet connection that did not look necessary - like you said, anything is reversible :D

Christine :)

Neil Wilson
04-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Good idea, except as I have multi-user logins on my machines, I use 2 machines and read one from the other and vice versa, especially when someone else in logged in. Also, I print using one of them as a server.