PDA

View Full Version : Lottery Wins

norfolkdude
03-11-2007, 2:01 PM
Of late I have been recieving a lot of emails on Yahoo account saying that I have won an emailed based lottery ..so far to date I have "won" well over 2 Million quid :D if only this was true :( .. just another scam trying to get my personel info ... most emails have reply address as hotmail ...so be carefull ..not had any offering me Millions from foriegn Buisness men who have Died latly maybe they have given up on that one .

Peter

jeanettemarie
03-11-2007, 2:09 PM
Hi
I had one from supposedly Lloys TSB telling me there was unusual activity on my account and it had been restricted,to reply to the email. So I phoned the bank instead they said phishing so forwarded it to them
so be careful with that one to

Bengie
07-11-2007, 1:53 AM
Well they must be getting enough replies to keep the beans on the table.

A couple of times I have set up an email address and false name in the hope that I could have a bit of fun and string them along, alas none have seen fit to answer me.
So I guess the money will just languish in the bank gathering interest and dust.

MarkJ
07-11-2007, 2:05 AM
Well they must be getting enough replies to keep the beans on the table.

A couple of times I have set up an email address and false name in the hope that I could have a bit of fun and string them along, alas none have seen fit to answer me.
So I guess the money will just languish in the bank gathering interest and dust.

Be very wary of trying to "play" these characters along. *If* you are very careful and know what you are doing, it is a popular "sport",but I would not recommend it unless you are 100% sure you know what you are doing (e.g using an untraceable email address, proxy servers etc).
The best thing is to simply delete the spam - don't respond in any way.

Mark

Mike_E
07-11-2007, 9:02 AM
HI,

As an E-Mail administrator for a company, I trap upwards of 13,000 junk and spam mails every day. I've recently written a process to extract the Bank phishing mails and forward all the phishing E-Mails to the banks concerned.

The banks are then armed with the information to have the sites that would try and capture your details shut down. The Banks need this info from everyone, and most have a "Contact Us" page, which lists an email address to forward these mail on to.

Never ever give your bank details to anyone requesting them through an E-Mail.

Peter_uk_can
22-12-2007, 4:09 PM
I reckon in the past month alone, an assortment of very kind and generous strangers, have promised to let me have a share of their hard earned wealth.

Because my calculator only has 8 digits I am now not sure how many thousands of millions I have got owing to me.

I have a problem which I hope some, or better still, many of you can help me with. I only have 3 vacation days left, and I can't afford to be off work, so therefore I am unable to take these kind people up on their offers as it means travelling to meet them.

So if just 1000 generous people will send me a mere $20, then I will be able to take some time off work, go meet these people, collect the money, bring it back and repay you all 500 fold.

I look forward to your mail.

MarkJ
22-12-2007, 4:31 PM
Is that US or Canadian dollars ;)
Strangely, I only ever get emails from very nice folks offering to sell me stuff - software, herbal "treatments" etc...

Mark

charley
22-12-2007, 5:19 PM
Now if you saw this, would you really believe that it originated at the said bank?:-

Dear HSBC Bank Online Account Holder,

Due to multiple login attempt error while logging into your online HSBC Bank account We have believed that someone other than you is trying to access your account

For security reasons,we have temporarily suspend your account and your access to online banking will be restricted if you fail to re-confirm your membership details.

Confirm your HSBC Bank UK Online Account now to enjoy the benefits of online banking and finance and to avoid fraudulent activites on your account.

|biggrin||biggrin|
Good job I don't have an HSBC account|biggrin|

BeeE586
23-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I check the spam e-mail box every week or so just in case something has slipped in that shouldn't and then delete the lot en masse and unopened. Today there were seven requests from banks for information, none of them the one I use.

Eileen

Rove
23-12-2007, 3:49 AM
Well, as the old saying goes " there's a sucker born every minute "

And the spammers love them !

busyglen
23-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I have had three attempts recently reportedly from HSBC....and like you Charley, I don't have an account with them!! If I did, I certainly wouldn't give out my details.

Glenys