their son James V of Scotland
James lV died AT FLODDEN 1513.

Marriage 2
Archibald Dauglas married 1514
Daughter Margaret Dauglas.
Dissolved 1527

Marriage 3
Henry Streward Lord Methven marreid 1528

So why is the drama The Tudor saying she married a old Portuee king and kiilled him with a pillow. When the said king died in battle.???????

Karen Newman
27-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Henry had 2 sisters - Margaret and Mary. I read that the two have been amalgamated into one for the TV drama, and the story tweaked for 'dramatic effect' - Mary (after whom the warship Mary Rose was named) married the French king Louis XII. The marriage lasted 3 months as he was exhausted from 'bedroom exertions'.

A programme not noted for its historical accuracy, having watched a couple of episodes.

tiny99tina
30-10-2008, 1:11 AM
If I am not mistaken, King Henry VIII's Sister, Margaret Tudor, was the Mother of Mary, Queen of Scots. Henry had his infant son,Prince Edward Tudor, betrothed to Mary when she was also just a child. Margaret fled to France to raise Mary in the safety of the French Court. HenryVIII, having his scheme of uniting Eng & Scot thwarted, embarked upon what has become known as the "Rough Wooing" and the English military was sent to sack and subsequently occupy Scotland for a few years.

Lesley Robertson
30-10-2008, 8:16 AM
If I am not mistaken, King Henry VIII's Sister, Margaret Tudor, was the Mother of Mary, Queen of Scots. Henry had his infant son,Prince Edward Tudor, betrothed to Mary when she was also just a child. Margaret fled to France to raise Mary in the safety of the French Court. HenryVIII, having his scheme of uniting Eng & Scot thwarted, embarked upon what has become known as the "Rough Wooing" and the English military was sent to sack and subsequently occupy Scotland for a few years.

Sorry, no.
Margaret Tudor was Mary's grandmother. Her mother was Mary of Guise. Henry tried to have the babies bethrothed, but it never went through. He invaded the Borders, but never occupied Scotland - Mary's mother was one of the Regents for years while Mary was a child.

Margaret Tudor married James IV 1503, then Archibald Douglas, Earl of Arran, then Henry Stewart, Lord Methven.
Mary Tudor married Louis XII of France, then Charles Brandon Earl of Suffolk (which got the pait of them stshed in the Tower of London for a time.

You can find info on all of Henry VII's kids here http://www3.dcs.hull.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gedlkup/n=royal?royal00773

Lesley