PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Curtis

eveie
24-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi I have a Elizabeth Curtis born 1862 at St Wenn in my family tree neice of samuel and jane harris-maunder by the time of the 1881 census the family including elizabeth had moved to sutton in surrey can not trace back any further stuck hope the info is o.k. eve

Scottie
25-01-2005, 3:21 PM
Hi I have a Elizabeth Curtis born 1862 at St Wenn in my family tree neice of samuel and jane harris-maunder by the time of the 1881 census the family including elizabeth had moved to sutton in surrey can not trace back any further stuck hope the info is o.k. eve
:D I can help you there. Elizabeth Curtis was the daughter of William Curtis born in St Wenn(1815)(he says so in 1871) and a Mary Jane Unknown born in Creed about 1834. Elizabeth was christened in St Wenn on the 27 Jul 1870 with her sister Mary who had been born in 1868. On the 13th Aug 1870 two other children were christened namely John and William but they are not with their parents in 1871 whereas Elizabeth aged 9 and Mary aged 3 are. The Family are farming 7 acres at Cransworth, St Wenn.

I am unable to place Father with any parents at present though it is possible that he is the William christened in St Issey in 1816 to William Courtis and Sally Unknown. Hope this rings some bells

eveie
26-01-2005, 1:39 PM
Thank you so much for the info i now belive that elizabeths mother could have been a maunder/harris-maunder as i am trying to trace the said family that came from St Ewe and in the 1881 census she had moved to sutton surrey and on the paperwork she is said to be neice of samuel thanks again eve