PDA

View Full Version : Waistell/anderson-ramshaw/evenwood

t.beer
01-10-2007, 7:49 PM
My grandmothers name was LILY ANDERSON she was born 19 June 1890 on New Row Ramshaw, she was the last of 14 children, her father and mother were THOMAS ANDERSON and MARGARET ANN ANDERSON nee WRIGHT.
LILY married a JAMES WILLIAM WAISTEL in 1908, the WAISTEL's were also a large family in RAMSHAW and EVENWOOD. Most of the men worked in RANDOLPH COLLIERY. I have a lot of info on their ancestors but apart from the link to my mother I don't no of any descendents of either family.They worked here between 1871 and into the 20th century.

Sue Mackay
01-10-2007, 8:46 PM
There is mention of a Peter Waistell and of the Randolph Colliery in a 2005 Wear Valley community newspaper online at http://www.wearvalley.gov.uk/media/pdf/b/k/MattersWinter2005_1.pdf

Peterw
28-10-2007, 9:15 AM
My grandmothers name was LILY ANDERSON she was born 19 June 1890 on New Row Ramshaw, she was the last of 14 children, her father and mother were THOMAS ANDERSON and MARGARET ANN ANDERSON nee WRIGHT.
LILY married a JAMES WILLIAM WAISTEL in 1908, the WAISTEL's were also a large family in RAMSHAW and EVENWOOD. Most of the men worked in RANDOLPH COLLIERY. I have a lot of info on their ancestors but apart from the link to my mother I don't no of any descendents of either family.They worked here between 1871 and into the 20th century.
I have been trying to piece the Whole Waistell Tree together for the past 2 years. I have information relating to James William Waistell if you require it and would welcome any new information you have.

t.beer
29-10-2007, 2:02 PM
Briefly, I have JAMES WILLIAM'S father as THOMAS married to DOROTHY STUDHAM, THOMAS'S father as JAMES married to ISABEL HIND. At this point the WAISTELL trail goes cold, but ISABEL HIND'S family can be traced back to 1722. If this info is useful please keep in touch and I will send you dates and places. I still think that there must be many ANDERSON and WAISTELL decendants kicking around today and am hopeful that when they see this they will get intouch

t.beer
31-10-2007, 6:07 PM
Could you please send any info you have on JAMES WILLIAM WAISTELL so that I can compare it with what I already have

Peterw
14-12-2007, 11:14 PM
I have the same information as yourself. However I can take the Waistell's back one more Step.
James father is Thomas Waistell (born 1806) from Staindrop who married Ann Frank in 1826.
Hope this helps
Peter

t.beer
16-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I have the same information as yourself. However I can take the Waistell's back one more Step.
James father is Thomas Waistell (born 1806) from Staindrop who married Ann Frank in 1826.
Hope this helps
Peter
Do you have any more info on THOMAS, death, birth etc.
My mother CISSIE WAISTELL had a brother called MALCOLM, his wife still lives in Middleton - St - George. They had two sons and a daughter. My mother also had a sister called LINDA all three are now deceased

Peterw
19-04-2008, 8:31 PM
Sorry this has taken a long time. Lost track. Thomas Waistell Born 1806 (Staindrop), Married 24 Dec 1826 and Died 1846 (Staindrop). You can contact me directly at Peter AT waistell DOT freeserve DOT co DOT uk if you or anyone else requires Waistell info.