PDA

View Full Version : Pilsdon, Dorset - Info required

Carrie Meerten
01-10-2007, 8:06 AM
Hi All

I am hoping that some of you can help me out in my search for historical information and possibly some photos of the small parish of Pilsdon.

One of my direct line families are very dominant throughout the parish registers, census' etc. I have searched online but have had no luck as this is a very small town. The only thing that comes up is the Pilsdon Pen.

As I am in Australia, this limits my research abilities extremely. My libraries, local, state and national have no information to offer me either. I am the online parish clerk for the dorset-opc site.

I an not in any need of lookups as I have access to all this information. What I am in desperated need of is historical information on the parish/town/village of Pilsdon.

Can anyone please help me with this. If there are docs avail I would love to receive these by regular post if unable to email.

Please, I am desperate to learn more of the place where a lot of my heritage is from. |help|

tommy166
02-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi Carrie,

Pilsdon is down the other end of Dorset from me and I don't recall ever going there, but next time I'm in our library I'll have a rummage and see what I can find out.

Tom

Carrie Meerten
02-10-2007, 6:00 AM
Thanks Tom, that would be great. I await your reply.

Carrie Meerten
05-11-2007, 2:13 AM
Hi Carrie,

Pilsdon is down the other end of Dorset from me and I don't recall ever going there, but next time I'm in our library I'll have a rummage and see what I can find out.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Just wondering if you have managed to find out anything on Pilsdon?

Elley
05-11-2007, 7:46 AM
Hi,

Were the Parish records that you searched from St Mary's Church Pilsdon?
There is information on this church the English Heriage site, also some data on Pilsdon Manor.
http://www.imagesofengland.org.uk/default.aspx

Hope this may help

Elley

Carrie Meerten
05-11-2007, 8:17 AM
Hi Elley

Thanks for the link. |hug| That info must be fairly new as I had looked at this site previously.

I am still seeking further information about the whole parish however. one of my branches dominated that parish along with another couple of surnames for many years and I would like to know of the whole parish.

tommy166
05-11-2007, 2:54 PM
Hi Carrie,

No luck in local library (it seems to be full of cds and dvds and computers - whatever happened to books?!!?) so it'll have to wait now until I'm in central one.

Tom

Carrie Meerten
06-11-2007, 11:56 AM
thanks anyway for your time, Tom. No one seems to have any info on this parish.