PDA

View Full Version : Hello to you all!

Nicos
30-09-2007, 3:37 PM
Hello!
Great to find you all- and LOVE the Smilies!!! :D

Looks like I'm not the first then to have those sorts of feelings!!!!?

I've been tracing my tree for a few hours each day for the past :D18 months and am really pleased with what I have managed so far.
Lack of time and computer-only reseach has been my limltations so far ( apart from one family member who didn't know when and where he was born as it was different on every census!!!- think he must have been on the run from the police or something!!!;))

I'm just getting a bit frustrated with some of my trees and the glazed expressions of some of my family and 'friends' when I start to talk about the tree!!- (know the feeling??)

Any way, just wanted to say hello, and am looking forward to getting to know you all:D

Nicos
30-09-2007, 3:46 PM
Thanks!
I think I'm going to be quite busy to start with reading through past threads!!!
Can't believe my luck in finding this site though:D
Hope I can be of help as well as asking for advice.

Davran
30-09-2007, 3:54 PM
Welcome Nicos|wave|

You're in the right place to 'bore' us all ;) with your family history - promise, no glazed looks, just a comradely fellow-feeling. Everyone here loves a good mystery to solve - it breaks up our own research when we've hit a |banghead|, so fire away with any problems and someone will hopefully leap in with an answer, or two.

Nicos
30-09-2007, 4:17 PM
Welcome Nicos|wave|

You're in the right place to 'bore' us all ;) with your family history - promise, no glazed looks, just a comradely fellow-feeling.

What a relief!!!!;)

Kingetter
30-09-2007, 7:39 PM
Yes, its a very welcoming site - glad you joined.

James.

Nicos
30-09-2007, 8:40 PM
What a wonderful welcome....Thanks!!!!:D

Will try and post some really tricky ones for you to unravel!!!;)

Let me know if I can be of help???? I subscribe to Genes and Ancestry so I can look up some stuff if needed?!

All my relatives seemed to have been agricultural labourers ( no wonder I love my allotment:o) but I do have a Pryor relative who was a Yeoman! back in the 1600's !!!!:)

Nothing like shovelling sh1t is there?????:)