PDA

View Full Version : Hi I Am New

Mike Fear
28-09-2007, 8:26 PM
Hi I found this site by accident, it looks great & the members seem very helpful.
I have been doping my family history for about 18 months, I was very lucky with the FEARs asthey all lived inthe same village back to the mid 1600s.
Then I decided to do my mothers side the FOLEYs, but I cam't get pass 1851 when my gt gt grandfather JOSEPH FOLEY married at St Johns Waterloo Rd.I know he was born in LAMBETH 1820/1. His father WILLIAM ( a cooper by trade) was alive at the time of the marriage, but can find no mention of him or family in any census.
I have to do most of my research via my computer as I care for my wife who has M S so travelling any distance can be difficult, but it looks like I may have travel up to London if I want to go farther. So I would be very grateful if anyone can give me any tips.

Sue Mackay
28-09-2007, 9:09 PM
I have been doping my family history for about 18 months,

I trust this is a typo |biggrin|

Welcome to the forum |cheers|

AnnB
29-09-2007, 6:45 AM
I trust this is a typo |biggrin|

Welcome to the forum |cheers|

I don't know Sue, I think it sounds a good idea for some of my lot......;)

Mike, welcome to the forum. If you can give us a few more details, like the name of Joseph Foley's wife and which census's you have the family on (if any) I'm sure someone will be able to see what they can find.

Best wishes
Ann

Mike Fear
29-09-2007, 5:14 PM
Thank you all for your welcome messages. It was an error. (High tech equipment low tech brain) although I can see the benifits. Will post more details when I have more time|blush|